Found this pic... makes me happy & sad

I still hate myself for not accepting a free ticket to see Amy Winehouse in a relatively small theatre in Chicago.... I think I stayed up late getting high and playing video games because I felt guilty that I couldn’t bring my now wife.

So disappointing to see her visible spiral into self-destruction! The early videos showed her true talent, the later live performances were so sad to watch!

Similarly, Whitney!

So disappointing to see her visible spiral into self-destruction! The early videos showed her true talent, the later live performances were so sad to watch!

Similarly, Whitney!

Yes, Whitney. It was heartbreaking to watch ‘The Voice’ get booed offstage because the drugs had finally taken their toll.

Amy, Prince, Aretha, Tom Petty... I put off seeing them in concert and now it’s too late. Thats why nowadays, if a show pops up that I want to go to, I go, because tomorrow ain’t promised to none of us.

Yes, Whitney. It was heartbreaking to watch ‘The Voice’ get booed offstage because the drugs had finally taken their toll.

Amy, Prince, Aretha, Tom Petty... I put off seeing them in concert and now it’s too late. Thats why nowadays, if a show pops up that I want to go to, I go, because tomorrow ain’t promised to none of us.

Sometimes it’s good to have missed your hero’s. I saw Prince on the Musicology tour, and it was so contrived and awful that my friend and I ran out through a torrential downpour to sit in my car in the parking lot to wait for the show to let out. She and I were laughing so hard at the suckage that it was visually pissing off the people we sat around, and we are both huge Prince fans. The same thing happened when my wife and I went to see Santana a few years back, only we weren’t laughing, just bored.

The list of people I really must see is rather small these days, like three bands tops.

Sometimes it’s good to have missed your hero’s. I saw Prince on the Musicology tour, and it was so contrived and awful that my friend and I ran out through a torrential downpour to sit in my car in the parking lot to wait for the show to let out. She and I were laughing so hard at the suckage that it was visually pissing off the people we sat around, and we are both huge Prince fans. The same thing happened when my wife and I went to see Santana a few years back, only we weren’t laughing, just bored.

The list of people I really must see is rather small these days, like three bands tops.

Perhaps... maybe it’s all in the timing. If I had seen Whitney at the end of her career, I would have been extremely disappointed (and probably pissed), same when George Michael was struggling, or when Amy was slurring lyrics, etc. Santana has always seemed kind of boring to me so I don’t know if that’s a timing thing or a style thing. I guess we never know what we are going to get. A famous philosopher once said ‘life is like a box of chocolates’. Lol

Bingo. My buddy says, "I don't know how long these guys will be able to keep doing shows. I don't know how long we'll be able to keep going to shows. So I'm going to see everyone I can while I can."

I get to somewhere between 25-40 shows a year. A few years ago I passed on a Robert Schimmel show, partly because my wife didn't want to go, partly because he'd been here about a year before that. "Next time." Then he was in a car accident and died. So now I think really hard about passing on a show. It's one thing if there's a conflict - there pretty much can't be anyone else to come here on Nov. 13 (Elton John, Roseanne Cash, Joanne Shaw Taylor, and one other show here that night) - but if it's the only show I'm interested in, I think really hard about skipping because you never know.

I got to see Prince on the Emancipation tour. The only disappointment was that "Purple Rain" was 30-40 minutes into the show, and he didn't touch a guitar the rest of the night. I'm very lucky - I've gotten to see just about everyone I've wanted to see over the years. There are only a handful of bands that I really want to see that I never have, and I even crossed Queen and ELO off that list on successive nights this year (and that Queen show was one of the best I've seen in 40 years of doing this - 48 if you count the Johnny Cash show I saw as a kid, but I didn't really start my concert career until Kiss in 1979).

I know it’ll sound sad, I got to hear Paul Rodgers sing “Alright Now” and DLR sing “Jump”.

Not with Free or VH, but they were pivotal songs for me. To hear two singers who were influential to me meant a lot.

I wished I’d liked Queen more at the time and had seen Freddie.

Last edited:
I was so glad I got to see Dimebag twice on the height of Pantera's run. Almost backed out of the last one just from sheer exhaustion, but went anyway. So glad I powered through and saw that show.

Missed seeing Alice In Chains open for Metallica back in the day ( Dirt tour) because their bus got screwed up somehow on the way to the show. Candlebox was not an equivalent substitute, but to be fair, most wouldn't be.

Lucky enough to catch BB King three times though.

I was so glad I got to see Dimebag twice on the height of Pantera's run. Almost backed out of the last one just from sheer exhaustion, but went anyway. So glad I powered through and saw that show.

Missed seeing Alice In Chains open for Metallica back in the day ( Dirt tour) because their bus got screwed up somehow on the way to the show. Candlebox was not an equivalent substitute, but to be fair, most wouldn't be.

Lucky enough to catch BB King three times though.

Aww man I wish I had been able to see B.B. King.

Well, a lot of them would still be here if they didnt go pill popping to get to sleep, sad, you only get one life.

My ideal concert would be that cure one in sydney opera house, im too old to stand in a field anymore. I want to see the cure, radiohead, zz top, neil young, but smaller venue the better

My favourite nights were bowie and jethro tull

Aww man I wish I had been able to see B.B. King.

A buddy of mine badgered me to go one year. Glad I went - I don't think he came back to town after that. B.B. and Bobby "Blue" Bland - what a night.

Lucky enough to see him once with the Fabulous Thunderbirds in 90 or 91, in 2007 at Clapton’s Crossroads. My favorite time was the late 90s. B.B. King, Etta James and Buddy Guy. Flippin’ great show.

Back