Forum Wood Library 509 Run???

Oh man, I'm loving all the sample photos of the finishes people picked!

So who picked Blue fade?
HeCt7I3.jpg

Was me... Older brother was feeling lonely...

Can't wait to see the finished guitars!! Specs look great!! I would really love a FBJ one!
Unfortunately can't join the party, which pains me even more since this is a CITES friendly built....
Only thing I would change is getting 513 birds.
(Slightly off topic) Do you think it would be possible for a WL dealer run to choose from discontinued inlays?

(Slightly off topic) Do you think it would be possible for a WL dealer run to choose from discontinued inlays?
Need to keep this thread alive!

But that question does bring up an interesting point - what inlays are typically available to non-PS instruments? We have the regular birds, with variants like the hollow birds, dirty birds, outline birds etc, but all within the same overall "shape". We also have the brushstroke birds, the 513 birds. i guess we now have the JM SS "small birds".

20th anniv and 30 anniv birds. I don't know if the 30th anniv "vine" special limited edition is "non-PS".

I guess we have bats for the Paul Allenders, and stars for the Marty Friedman. That 12th fret bird for the Johnny Highland is just a 513 bird.

And dots and moons.

Hmm, what else is/was there for non-PS inlays? I think there is a thread on this somewhere...need to do a search later on.

Pretty sure the Celtic Knot is discontinued even for PS, and the other variations of knots are PS-only.

What kind of inlays are you thinking of, @Jazzedout ?

Can't wait to see the finished guitars!! Specs look great!! I would really love a FBJ one!
Unfortunately can't join the party, which pains me even more since this is a CITES friendly built....
Only thing I would change is getting 513 birds.

For WL builds (and I believe AP too) the available inlays are 2008 Outline Birds and Old School birds...with many inlay options...but not as many as PS obviously. 513 birds were not an optional n for this WL build...and would have been cool...but I think the birds we chose (outline birds of black corian with sparkle MOP centers) are going to look great on those artist flamed natural/satin finished necks/FB. Can’t wait.

For WL builds (and I believe AP too) the available inlays are 2008 Outline Birds and Old School birds...with many inlay options...but not as many as PS obviously. 513 birds were not an optional n for this WL build...and would have been cool...but I think the birds we chose (outline birds of black corian with sparkle MOP centers) are going to look great on those artist flamed natural/satin finished necks/FB. Can’t wait.

Is it November yet???? This is going to be the one year that winter can't get here soon enough!

I am sure they will look great and I am pretty disappointed that I can not participate.
But since I love the 513 inlays, the question naturally came to mind...
I remember a dealer run (Martin Music?) of Floyd equipped Cu24 before these became core models that had 513 birds and looked fantastic but were PS builds...

Anybody jump in for the remaining slots? Any idea what the last color choice may be?

I'm thinking these guitars are going to be pretty unique, with the combo of woods and smoked black hardware, and unique color/flame/quilt combos. In my mind they are pseudo-PS in configuration...

Anybody jump in for the remaining slots? Any idea what the last color choice may be?

I'm thinking these guitars are going to be pretty unique, with the combo of woods and smoked black hardware, and unique color/flame/quilt combos. In my mind they are pseudo-PS in configuration...

I think there is still one color not picked yet. The dealer (Brian) will choose the remaining color if a customer hasn’t pre-ordered by the beginning of April...he’ll be picking out the wood for these in a couple of weeks. Can’t wait to see some “baby pictures”.

Last edited:
I think there is still one color not picked yet. The dealer (Brian) will choose the remaining color if a customer hasn’t pre-ordered by the begging big of April...he’ll be picking out the wood for these in a couple of weeks. Can’t wait to see some “baby pictures”.

You and me both!

So..when can we anticipate Brian's trip to the Wood Library? Should be soon, right?

And what is that final color?!

Brian's trip is the week after next I believe.
The lastest color list I heard was (2 of each), Bonnie Pink, Charcoal PurpleBurst, Violet BlueBurst and Blue Fade (and a fifth, as yet unspecified color). You wanted the Violet PurpleBurst, if I remember correctly...did you call Brian?

Back