Forum Truss Rod Cover

This post screams out for "Pics, or it didn't happen" :D

Sorry doc, I had this vision a while back but no means to put it into action. If it were possible I'd a satin bronze headstock shape, black Eagle with moon in the background being abalone, and the quarter of the moon being red abalone or similar. A small PRS or Pauls signature or forum ref etched where the TRC meets the nut would finish it off for me. I am sure this would be too cost prohibitive and there'd probably be too much going on for most.

Combining some ideas:

OutlineTRC_zps91768193.jpg

Here's another suggestion. Basically this design, but lose the word 'official, keep the f-hole and 'orum' but make it a little smaller. Maybe have the text and f-hole about half the size it is here. The word official takes away from the classy aspect IMO. Plus, this might be hitting enough points to satisfy a majority of us, but still be a little too involved for the fakes to flood eBay with copies overnight.

Lloyd

I'm right-handed, but I've been thinking about the leftie issue. I'll put my first trial run up as an avatar in a second to see what everybody thinks.

I tried to get the f-hole in the right spot. The text size can be adjusted. All of it can be for that matter.

Lloyd

Last edited:
All lefties should play righty like I do. :D

As far as that headstock video of the crotch area that keeps coming at you.....no..you can't "un-see something". It is now stuck. But we WILL get even. We WILL. You should have provided a link with a warning. That was not for the unexpected, or otherwise unprepared. :eek:

I'm right-handed, but I've been thinking about the leftie issue. I'll put my first trial run up as an avatar in a second to see what everybody thinks.

I tried to get the f-hole in the right spot. The text size can be adjusted. All of it can be for that matter.

Lloyd

This would work for rightie or leftie:

OutlineLnR_zps52130339.jpg

I'm liking the f-hole in approximately the correct place on the guitar...

This also has the advantage that PRS could drop the 'orum' text and use the TRC on a production guitar. One tooling + multi uses = lower cost!

Last edited:

Many thanks. Bigger and cleaner. And the image could be centered in the cover, but I was concerned with the image itself and didn't do that. OR just leave the guitar line centered. Whatever.

Lloyd

Last edited:

This also has the advantage that PRS could drop the 'orum' text and use the TRC on a production guitar. One tooling + multi uses = lower cost!

This one is pretty cool too IMHO. Classy!

I usually agree with most of your posts Ruger...but in this case, I would definitely not want the TRC to be used in a similar fashion for production guitars. I am looking at something unique that differentiates us from the rest of the population. That would actually discourage my eventual purchase as I want something that clearly separates us from those who do not participate in the forum community.

Plus, having the unique design just dedicated to the forum could be used as an incentive in future promotions and give-aways, to encourage people to join the forum. You know...buy a guitar, send in the warranty and get a free Forum membership and TRC as a "welcome" to the company. Don't want "ordinary people" to get a TRC that is very close in design.

Just my 1 cent.

Last edited:
I'm liking all the ideas.

Don't try to please everyone with a single design. In the end it won't please anyone. Design by committee SUCKS. But a few days of sharing ideas and tossing around designs is a good thing. In the end there will be a few concepts that will emerge as favorites and we can build a final design from there.

Keep 'em coming.

I usually agree with most of your posts Ruger...but in this case, I would definitely not want the TRC to be used in a similar fashion for production guitars. I am looking at something unique that differentiates us from the rest of the population. That would actually discourage my eventual purchase as I want something that clearly separates us from those who do not participate in the forum community.

Plus, having the unique design just dedicated to the forum could be used as an incentive in future promotions and give-aways, to encourage people to join the forum. You know...buy a guitar, send in the warranty and get a free Forum membership and TRC as a "welcome" to the company. Don't want "ordinary people" to get a TRC that is very close in design.

Just my 1 cent.

If you read my post above (post 75), you see that I have already raised this issue.

The outline of the PRS Guitar is theirs, Bennett. We just have the bad taste to borrow it. Even if the company never makes a TRC for the forum, I believe that they will eventually make one as I described (without the 'orum') for their own use - the design is just too cool not to.

They already have it on several t-shirts. it is only a matter of time until they put it on a TRC.

The word 'forum' differentiates us enough, and I don't believe the company would ever put a TRC with the word 'forum' on it on a production guitar unless it was a special production run for us.

Giving them options to decrease their tooling costs not only makes it less expensive for us, but makes it more likely to actually happen.

If you read my post above (post 75), you see that I have already raised this issue.

The outline of the PRS Guitar is theirs, Bennett. We just have the bad taste to borrow it. Even if the company never makes a TRC for the forum, I believe that they will eventually make one as I described (without the 'orum') for their own use - the design is just too cool not to.

They already have it on several t-shirts. it is only a matter of time until they put it on a TRC.

The word 'forum' differentiates us enough, and I don't believe the company would ever put a TRC with the word 'forum' on it on a production guitar unless it was a special production run for us.

Giving them options to decrease their tooling costs not only makes it less expensive for us, but makes it more likely to actually happen.

I can't disagree with anything you've said. Only trying to emphasize that in recognizing all the valid points made above....in the final analysis....the further our TRC is from any potential iteration of it that becomes mass produced...the better for me anyway. Obviously I can't speak for others on this topic, or "sub-concept" if you will.

A favor...

While we're kicking around ideas, let's try not to make Shawn regret bringing it up.

Keep creating and posting your ideas, Gentlemen. Things will fall into place.

Back