Forum Truss Rod Cover

I don't have an acct. at an image hosting site, so rather than opening one, I'm going to put my ideas in my avatar spot for a short time. Saves me some trouble. This image is rough, but it works for now. I also have a slightly larger image if needed.

I've been thinking of two ideas, which I call Outline and Circle of Birds. Both would use the official PRS font.

Outline - I see it horizontally on a TRC (obviously). The text could go where the frets would normally be, or it could start in the body around the tailpiece area and go out towards the headstock, centered on the whole design.

Circle of Birds - Either vertically or horizontally with no text at all. Or horizontally with the text below the circle, or branching out towards the screw hole.

I like both for different reasons. I like the birds being in a circle to represent the globe, because we have members from all over the world. Also, they're all flying together, as we are here.

I like the outline because it's understated.

I think either would work well in the etched black metal style Shawn mentioned.

Lloyd/Goldtop

Last edited:
I don't have an acct. at an image hosting site, so rather than opening one, I'm going to put my ideas in my avatar spot for a short time. Saves me some trouble. This image is rough, but it works for now. I also have a slightly larger image if needed.

I've been thinking of two ideas, which I call Outline and Circle of Birds. Both would use the official PRS font.

Outline - I see it horizontally on a TRC (obviously). The text could go where the frets would normally be, or it could start in the body around the tailpiece area and go out towards the headstock, centered on the whole design.

Circle of Birds - Either vertically or horizontally with no text at all. Or horizontally with the text below the circle, or branching out towards the screw hole.

I like both for different reasons. I like the birds being in a circle to represent the globe, because we have members from all over the world.

I like the outline because it's understated.

I think either would work well in the etched metal style Shawn mentioned.

Lloyd/Goldtop

I like the circle, because for me it represents a community in the first place... cool idea!

Nice work and great ideas Lloyd. thanks for putting in that effort. I like both, but the circle is appealing due to the way you "colored in the inlay".

A monochromatic design will make it easier and less expensive to make, which will expand the potential sources for production. The idea of a forum logo is certainly a good idea.

Markie...wanna make a prototype or two? ;)

Nice work and great ideas Lloyd. thanks for putting in that effort. I like both, but the circle is appealing due to the way you "colored in the inlay".

Thank you for the kind words. But I can't take credit for the colors or the actual designs. I had the ideas, but I couldn't put the art together exactly how I pictured it, so I copied a similar design from the website.

Lloyd

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;54003 said:
How about merging both ideas? How about a unique brushstroke bird and a banner around it (Like on a PS headstock) etched with "Official PRS Forum" on the metal TRC Shawn mentioned?

+ 1 on this I don't think it needs to be too blingy but something simple and classy

Another vote for a subtle design with brushstroke bird or the 12th fret old bird.

In my opinion, it does not have to say Forum or anything cheesy like that to make it a "forum" trc. Simply the fact that it will be acquired exclusively through the forum and have a unique design already distinguishes it as such. And please, no banners, it's not a late 80's tattoo.

I bet Th3Mike can come up with something pretty sweet.

Haha thanks. I have to crack open photoshop later tonight because I owe Hans a forum graphic! :tail between legs:

Ill see if I can mock up anything for a TRC!

What about something like this? But not with the crappy "MS Paint" mock up.

trc_zpsf5e4735a.jpg
[/IMG]

I would love a forum trc but they will probably be out of my price range. The plain trc is £22 in the uk which is a lot for a bit of plastic and 2 screws.. so keep it cheap and i might get one for my SE.

My vote is for shawns design or an old style 12 fret bird but etched black on black with no text. Subtle and cool!

I'd like to see us come up with something unique - something that doesn't duplicate design cues already on our guitars.

I'll try to get some ideas on paper tonight; ideas that work well with the monochromatic/metallic theme and clearly differentiate this forum from others.

All that said, I'm easy and will go with the crowd.

Last edited:
I'm really digging the tastefully simple concepts.. At some point, with an item like a TRC, the more bling-y and over designed, the cheaper it looks...

My friend Albrect Smuten designed a logo for the not yet here forum guitar. I give him credit for thinking of using the f-hole design as a text 'f'.

1BirdBlock_zpsf5d856c9.jpg

1Birdforum_zps0242cfa5.jpg

9BirdsF_zps9166c260.jpg

9BirdsForum_zps9cc910dc.jpg

9BirdsForumAllFill_zpsd65b9e6d.jpg

9BirdsForumFill_zps8a835483.jpg

Forum_zpsc22fae3e.jpg

OfficialForum_zpsdec75780.jpg

Last edited:
Back