Forum Truss Rod Cover

I get the whole 8 points of the compass thing. If I were to choose 8 of the ten, I'd put on the Storm Petrel and the Screech Owl and take off the Sparrow Landing and the Hawk Landing - they just look like blobs when they are only outlines or solids without any interior detail. The Petrel and the Owl are much more identifiable as birds in the form we are using them.

That's an interesting point, Bill.

It's not the highest factor on my list, but it is a factor to me that this TRC will be seen by people who may not be as familiar with the PRS brand as some of us are. With that in mind, I just chose the eight that I thought looked the best on their own as well as part of the whole design. The actual amount was just the way it turned out. I guess it could have been done with only four birds, but I liked the message that eight conveyed. We forum members and PRS fans are all over the world, yet we're still relatively small in number as far as guitar companies - and their fans - are concerned. Using every bird wasn't high on my list, or even which birds; I just used what I felt were the best.

As for which bird species you're referring to, I honestly don't know one from another, although I've looked at the list plenty of times. But I can identify them this way on my layout: The bird under the f-hole, and the one under the 12 in '2012' (or at 8 o'clock and 4 o'clock) were my last choices because they were the "least best" examples of the eight I started with if that makes any sense. If you have an idea about using different birds somewhere, I'd like to see it. I'm for whatever makes this whole adventure work out for everybody.

One more thing if you don't mind. I want to apologize to everybody for slowing down the process because I don't have an image hosting acct. somewhere. I realize it's a pain to have to deal with me in this, and I really appreciate everybody's patience and indulgence. I can't thank you all enough for letting me take part.

Lloyd

No text...
bpbmtrc.jpg

Official Forum...

I think that would make a great T-shirt. Black with that logo on the back, and small "PRS Forum" in the pocket area on the front.

Last call

It looks like we may be getting close to making a decision on the final design, but I'd like to keep it open a bit longer to allow others to submitt their ideas. Post 'em if you got 'em boys!

I'll get my design finalized and posted in the next day or two. Sure wish I still had PhotoShop on my computer.

I am liking the paisley one. Nice and classy and would look good on a top of the range ps or on a se. Would it be possible to make a se one so its cheaper. Not all of us are that well off.

Some very creative designs...
Lets get some prototypes made...

I'll leave this open until Friday, unless someone needs more time. After that I'll start a new thread, for those who want to play along at home, allowing members to vote for their favorite TRC.

I think that would make a great T-shirt. Black with that logo on the back, and small "PRS Forum" in the pocket area on the front.

What about the design in the pocket area and the text on the back, just below the neck line? That seems to be a popular form these days.

One more thing: the "f" doesn't only stand for "forum", but also for "friends with Sergio" :flute:

Thank you. I may be biased but, I think we really need to go back and revisit that idea. Maybe we could put a flower on it, or maybe just one of these: :girl:

A couple more days to get your designs in folks. Friday March 8 is the deadline.

I'm not saying this is 100% copyright infringement, or violation of intellectual property rights... but it's still a decent idea.
I have no idea if it could be 'professionalized' up or fit on a truss cover... (close up of a soccer jersey isn't the best representation)

temp_zps4db20263.jpg

Last submissions before time is up...

I wasn't happy with my Eagle / penguin / Parrot idea i had earlier in the thread so I hunted down another creature. This time it's a dragon that I converted into simple shapes by placing dots around the picture and drawing lines between them. Essentially 4 versions of the same design.

Regardless of which design that is chosen this has been a lot of fun!!! :)

8533070014_fd8d75437c_b.jpg

8531959413_5ee28b02e1_b.jpg

8533069980_afcd512cc1_b.jpg

8533070040_8c099de767_b.jpg

Back