Forum Truss Rod Cover

If they fit core, s2, and se, I'll take three.

Especially if they are rosewood with inlay.

:)

And I'd like to offer a design if there's a contest!

The last run was laser etched aluminum.

Our design constraints were white on black background.

I'm guessing actual inlays would be quite expensive.

Last edited:
I'm annoyed I wasn't around on the forum (Think I was moving house...Dunno) when they came out as I had a slight hand in the final design.

Hope they do another run and I'll be in for a couple.

I'm in for two if they're the same spec as the last run.

Someone had mentioned a new design, which would be very cool, but again I'll say I think we would have to go outside PRS to have those made, as mentioned above the whole process was a considerable job for Shawn the first time. And if it were to be the etched aluminum, I would be into it, but it just doesn't sound like anyone is stepping up with a connection to have that done.

If it's just a matter of PRS loading the same design file back onto their etching machine and pumping some more out, they might be willing.

Also, I think we should start a separate thread, no discussion, just everyone who wants TRC's stating the number they for sure want, so we can get an order tally, if that would help convince PRS to make more.

I have PRS staff reading THIS thread.

Starting another/more threads decreases the chance that they will see all the interest and/or follow along.

I have PRS staff reading THIS thread.

Starting another/more threads decreases the chance that they will see all the interest and/or follow along.

Sorry Bill, I only mean that if it comes to pass, we will need to get them an accurate head count, and this thread is pretty cluttered. But I don't want to throw a wrench in things either!

I got a response from a staff member. He is at least looking at this thread and a couple I gave him from the past run. There is no commitment yet, just looking.

Make no mistake about it, this is an involved process. Shawn and people in the design department went above and beyond for us last time. Considering the time and materials, I'd be surprised if PRS did little more than break even last time. They did us a huge favor.

Last time they cost $25 each plus shipping. Like Rob says, they were made to core model specs. They fit the SE models with a slight gap at the nut end. We'll be lucky and appreciative if we get another run. Don't expect them to make a different SE version. The cost could be the same or more or less. Be willing to pony up, or don't play.

The way forward is to voice your enthusiastic interest here, in this thread. How many might you want?
If they decide a new design would be able to happen, I'd buy 1. I'm wondering if it's less work/higher probability to do another run of the old design? Whatever will get them into the hands of the people who want them badly is good by me.

The only guitar I have that presently has a TRC on it is the one with the forum cover... They must be magic, negating the need for truss rod adjustments.

So in response to rugerpc, I would buy a minimum of four Forum TRCs. One for my CU24, one for my ZM, one for my SE-7, and one for my SAS, or,...I dunno, my next PRSi?

Wow! I've been away from the forum for a while so it was great to log in today and see this post about continued interest in the Forum TRC... I was super proud to have my design produced by the fine folks at PRS. I missed you guys!!!

Wow! I've been away from the forum for a while so it was great to log in today and see this post about continued interest in the Forum TRC... I was super proud to have my design produced by the fine folks at PRS. I missed you guys!!!
Hey Jon, I was wondering where you'd got to, especially after this thread popped up! Good to see you back :)

Where have you been?

Never mind, glad you're back!

Back