Forum Truss Rod Cover

I only need one---now. But I would be in for 2 because, depending on God's will, I might have time to buy an SC245 before...... One of the things I have asked PRS about is replacement birds in an upgrade of abalone or at least MOP for my S2. For me, pulling the present ones and replacing is comfortably within my skillset. No reply- I'll have to bug them again. As for the "forum" pieces, Andy DePaule could get them done nicely and at a good price if they were approved.

I have toyed with the idea of buying a brand new premium router bit ( or end mill cutter) and having a go with my Overarm Pin Router on setting the covers into the back. If the finish were nitro, I would not hesitate. Looking at what most of you folks here consider average dollar investment I consider my S2 and I to be channel catfish with the SE's being blue cats or flatheads. Unfortunately my play is at "crawdad" so I have to enjoy working on and building to be my topwater persona pisces in this pond.

PS- I hope all have enjoyed their special holiday(s).

Just saw that there was some interest in having these made outside PRS if possible - I'm definitely into that if the price is reasonable. I'm still in for 2, maybe a third if we can have some SE sizes made too.

I hope we hear from the Big Guys soon. They should be prompt on this like they are on business matters since this is their forum.

PS- Somehow I feel sure that PRs himself did not design this new format. Don't like it and especially hate the continued photo download requirements. If someone posts NSFW stuff on other forums, depending upon degree of offense, other forums easily regulate. I'm old, have genuine memory problems, and the additional manipulations needed for PhotoBucket and others renews their ability to confuse me every time I open and I have been tested multiple times and my IQ is lower than Sheldon Cooper's, but not by much. If tested now, I'd bet I would drop by 20-30 points.

( <><> If PRS heard me try to play, they would keep my guitar and bar me ( with the support of all of you, I'm certain) from displaying Forum membership in any way, let alone with the elegant trussrod covers, aka truss rod covers, aka TRC)

And, I would have gladly paid around a Benjamin ++ for inlet flush covers and even MOTS, but preferably MOP birds and ideally, abalone- an ebony fretboard could have been added to those two for the $100 ++ jump. I just think the level of quality everywhere else would justify these touches that would eliminate "any apologies" at all for us channel catfish. Frankly, it would have stomped all but the most carefully crafted LP's ( which I do love in spite of Gibson's insistence upon driving quality and respect for customers into oblivion) with those few additional upgrades. At present, I have two premium LPkits, one an outlaw "Burst" Replica" , one a "Precision" kit with binding on body and fretboard I did and inlay I did and more, and then 3 more body blanks at final precise perimeter and thickness and 3 rough necks and my illnesses have shut down the shop. I have done enough builds to know that the inlet covers is the biggest investment risk. Those shallow border cuts have high chipout risk and a chipout means the body at that stage is firewood.

Let me say, at the risk of losing my standing at MLP, that if I had $5K today, it would go for a PRS singlecut, hardtail. I would try for the ebony FB, quality inlays, neck bound and seriously better maple top than standard and, P 90's, black dogears. ( I try to play nothing but Chicago Blues and hard rock of the traditional style, like Seger.) A year ago, before I ever handled a PRS, it surely would have been a Les Paul Black Beauty (2 pickup).

I'd take one if they did another run :)

As long as the price is nowhere close to the ones on Reverb of course.

I hope we hear from the Big Guys soon. They should be prompt on this like they are on business matters since this is their forum.

It's still a holiday week folks. PRS gets a holiday too. Be patient.

p.s. I have a third party TRC with the PS eagle on it, similar to the one in post #3 without the forum banner, and a PRS Forum one, like in post #14, and plain black one. Might part with them...

If this happens count me in for at least one more... 3 realistically....

Hey, Denny! Where the flock have you been? Good to hear from you.

Somebody should holler at boogie and design new ones. The first TRC was really cool, but this is a new group (and continuation from the past) of dudes that deserve their own identity. I'd be in for one new truss rod cover.

Reactions: Fro
It's still a holiday week folks. PRS gets a holiday too. Be patient.

Quickly is a relative term and I certainly do not begrudge the business time off for holidays. And, frankly, I would like to see approved "Forum" and "generic, but factory endorsed" TRC's of the same type. My neck deserves something more pleasing to the eye than white plastic, though the "birds" do resemble well-shot pheasants dropping from the sky- a pleasure I have known for 57 years in Illinois, Iowa, South Dakota and Montana, accompanied in Iowa(home) and S. Dakota by my beloved Golden Retrievers

Don't want this to lose momentum. So, this is like a "bump." Frankly, I cannot recall whether this moves the thread up to the top. Sorry, if this only wastes bits.

Back