Forum Suggestion w/Poll - PRS Link

Would a www.prsguitars.com link on the forum headers help your forum browsing?

• Total voters

prs19

Not sure who this would go to, but I'm wondering if we can have a link added on the main header of the forum that will take you directly to the prs homepage. The link with the prs logo takes you back to the forum home. It would seem helpful if it could go to the prs homepage or add a second logo that would take you there. The home icon in the forum takes you to the forum home also, so no functionality would be lost by making the logo point to the prs homepage.

I know I can set a bookmark or type in the address, but when reading some posts it would be nice to easily get to the prs homepage from the forum to look at a specification quickly.

Just a thought. Thanks.

Pretty sure the old forum layout had a link to the main site. I know I used it a lot. Would be nice to have it back up there.

Two links would be fine, but it's always good to have an easy link back to the main page of the site you're on, and the forum is kinda' a separate site.

I bet a lot of people use it to get back to the main page of the forum now and would be confused and frustrated if the only link in the header started going somewhere else - a useful place, but one people reading the forum probably visit much less often than they go back to look at the forum list.

You mean the row of links that disappears when you scroll on mobile and have to reload to see?
Hey, that happens with my iPad Air all the time too, I thought it was an Apple issue, could be.
It does get frustrating to reload the page.
It never happens when I am on my HTC One Android phone.

I think the better question is, does anyone use the extant forum home -- that one seems pretty useless to me, I'd recommend replacing it with www...

I don't know why they left it out of the new forum but yes, a direct link should be here.

I'd recommend replacing it with www...
Yes using this
prs_logo_black_400.png
for 'home' is pointless, changing the link to 'http://www.prsguitars.com' makes sense.

Or just type PRS in to Google and prsguitars.com comes up second hit, it couldn't be simpler.

Hey, that happens with my iPad Air all the time too, I thought it was an Apple issue, could be.
It does get frustrating to reload the page.
It never happens when I am on my HTC One Android phone.

On my iPhone, anything that disappears when I scroll down reappears when I scroll back up. It's possible though that it gives different content to iPhones and iPads, so there could still be a bug in the site specific to iPad/Safari/etc.

It's very difficult to make web sites work perfectly on every platform, unfortunately. It requires a lot of ongoing testing and trouble shooting. :(

didn't even think about it during the switch over to the new software. thanks for the thread!

Back