Votes: 4 5.3%
  • $4,000 - $5,000

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

veinbuster

Zombie Three, DFZ
We talked a bit about price range, and I suspect are likely to imagine a guitar that falls outside the price range of many.
At the risk of being tasteless, I thought a survey of what price range is the TOP of your comfort zone would be instructive.
We can still imagine the ideal, and if needed think about compromises from there.
I'm just setting up $500 bands - I'd pick $3000-$3500 as my personal cap, though I would be very happy if we came up with something at $2500.
I shall try to set it up as a blind poll.

Maybe you needed to go lower...

Beautiful, useful, and just my speed at $9.99! ;)

3104702E_zpsf1d4ba7f.jpg

We talked a bit about price range, and I suspect are likely to imagine a guitar that falls outside the price range of many.
At the risk of being tasteless, I thought a survey of what price range is the TOP of your comfort zone would be instructive.
We can still imagine the ideal, and if needed think about compromises from there.
I'm just setting up $500 bands - I'd pick $3000-$3500 as my personal cap, though I would be very happy if we came up with something at $2500.
I shall try to set it up as a blind poll.

Mr LSchefman !!!!! Can you tell Mr veinbuster that the forum guitar thread is REALLY just a joke !!!!!!!!!! PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think it's a joking matter at all. I really dig the idea....plus Peter said "Imagine the Ideal" and then think about compromises....I think it's all in good fun...with always the outside chance we can get a run put together...could even be through one of the usual suspect dealers....might just end up specs and market research for a real limited run some day.

Last edited:
I voted $3500 - $4000 because I ordered a IRW P22 in a custom color, but I really like to keep my purchases in the $2000 - $2500 range:)
tfancil

I voted high because if its special enough, i'll find a way to afford it!

MSRP? MAP? or Street?
I know numbers are a no no but just saying there is a big spread here. On my P22 those numbers had a pretty big spread ;) Even dealer to dealer had a significant spread...
I picked my number 3 to 3.5K as an MSRP/Map"ish" number...

Me too. I bought a sweet SAS from Shawn a few years ago with money from the sale of extra pickups, 2 shotguns, a few hundred bucks I rat-holed from a business tip, and some cool bike parts.

I didn't have the jack but I just had to have that guitar. It's one of the best playing/sounding guitars I've got. All the hustling was worth it.

I also agree. I've always found gear to sell or maybe not eating lunch a few times a week to come up with the extra cash if it's special enough to me!

I still don't know how I found the money to buy my first quality guitar - it was twice what I had, but somehow I managed to do the deal.

Just throwing this out there, what if there were 2 versions of the same Forum guitar? One Maryland made with very little compromise 3k+ and one that is Maryland made like the Mira X or an SE that is $1k

I picked the low end because i don't see much value in most things that drive the price of a guitar up. I don't mind a nice maple top but I sure hate paying for them. With the right combination of features/options, I'd go quite a bit higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back