Forum Guitar Poll #2 - price point

Is the mid $4K range a doable thing for you? Votes will be linked to user names from this poin on.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am UK based so not sure how that price converts, or even if I would be able to get one if they use certain woods.

I would pay for a WL guitar at UK prices BUT only if it was the model, the colour, the tone etc that I want and/or need. I don't know that I would pay that much to hang it on my wall or lock it away in its case with the hope of it being an investment - it would have to be something that I would want first and foremost. By that I mean if there was a WL version of the Forum guitar at the same price, with the same hardware, tone etc but in a colour I prefer, I would buy that instead. Its not just colour but you could substitute tone, model or even hardware - in other words, at that money it would have to be 'perfect' for me. The more it costs, the more 'picky' I become.

Anyway, I haven't voted because I don't want to sway the vote either way if I cannot purchase or would even commit to a purchase without much more information on the guitar.

I’ve always liked the thought of a forum guitar. Like some others here, if it’s not something that I already feel like I need to get, I just can’t justify it. Hell, even the things I want bad, don’t come home many times.

I’ve decided not to vote in the polls just because I don’t feel I should influence choices if I’m unlikely to buy.

And if there is next guitar at this point I'm thinking Santana.

That's GREAT thinking!
It's the next logical one for me (if there is any logic to thiso_O). Being the huge Santana fan that I am it probably should have been my first PRS. But the two PRS' that I've purchased were ones my local guitar shop had hanging on the wall and the ones that spoke to me.

It will be next spring (it has to do with when some investment income is paid). And the most important thing I'm going to need to find a store that has one within a reasonable travel distance so I can play it. I need to feel the weight.

It's the next logical one for me (if there is any logic to thiso_O). Being the huge Santana fan that I am it probably should have been my first PRS. But the two PRS' that I've purchased were ones my local guitar shop had hanging on the wall and the ones that spoke to me.

It will be next spring (it has to do with when some investment income is paid). And the most important thing I'm going to need to find a store that has one within a reasonable travel distance so I can play it. I need to feel the weight.

Sounds like a plan! I think you'll like the Santana.

I’d vote yes but only if said guitar was one that I specifically want bad enough to move something out of my current collection.

I only have room for 2 of these magical $4k+ guitars in my home and I already have 2 of them so as of right now, I’d pass UNLESS I ‘needed’ said guitar and was willing to move 1 of my other 2 up the creek for it.

I voted yes because I'm fine with the price point but like others, whether I actually buy one will depend on the actual specs.

A few years ago I set a rule for myself that I would never pay more than $4000.00 for a guitar. Kinda like the way many people I know said that when cigarettes go above $2.00 per pack they were going to quit smoking. Sure, a guitar may well be worth more than $4000.00, and this rule would not permit me to re-purchase my current collection because of how much these same guitars go for new these days, but I just feel like for me personally, $4000.00 is the threshold which divides the collector and the player in me. I probably would never play a guitar worth over $4k but I would be happy to play one which cost under $4k and not fuss if it got scratched in the process. This is all just imho ymmv territory.

Yeah, I said I would quit if cigarettes ever reached $1 a pack......., then $2 a pack, then $3 a pack........., well, I quit only after they passed $5 a pack,......., not because of the price, but because I had my first grandchild. :eek:

Poll closed.

I’ll start the base model poll soon.

As for this being a ‘collectible’ guitar, I think that would be a stretch. Without a more awesome and unique Secret Sauce, I doubt that many, if anyone, would consider this iteration collectible.

As for this being a ‘collectible’ guitar, I think that would be a stretch. Without a more awesome and unique Secret Sauce, I doubt that many, if anyone, would consider this iteration collectible.

For some inexplicable reason, ‘forum guitar’ doesn’t have quite the collector cachet of ‘Actual Strat Jimi used on Wind Cries Mary’.

I’ll never understand why a guitar that was ordered by a bunch of random forum dudes like us wouldn’t be highly esteemed. ;)

Im not important enough for a 4k guitar. Ive owned a few used PRSs back in the early 90s before they got crazy expensive. And even then I was so afraid to play them. Im happy PRS put out the SE series. It has the PRS sound and feel without the cost. You can upgrade it’s parts as time goes on. I have my eye on a used black standard I’m probably going to grab soon.

Just did actually... so that’s an emphatic “YES.” Actually... it was bought FOR me... but I think it still counts.

Last edited:
I bet if you did an se more people would do it, and I bet we’d get more secret sauce due to order numbers

Not quite sure I can accept that as ok. Pass, setting a bad president with cost accelerating to these levels. If the sales slow down the prices will have to drop.and that means people jobs. Sad to see this. A good used automobile can be purchased cheaper than a new guitar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back