Forum Captcha - Driving me Crazy!

I made a move today... I've been reading the "Ditch Chrome Now" emails from ZDNet for months now, and the articles about how one writer is getting an extra hour of battery time on his laptop and another getting an extra hour on his ipad, after switching browsers, due to how much less resources are used with Edge, Firefox (which I've used for years as well) etc. All are reporting faster load times, etc. They all said it's hard to break free of the google, but once you do, you'll be glad.

I'm not going whole hog (that's "all in" for you city boys, or "balls to the wall" if the city is Jersey) but on my second computer at work, I'm going to switch over to Edge for browsing TGP and here. Unless I get the captcha today, I'll report in after a couple days with an update. IF I get captcha'd today on Edge or Firefox, I'll report in here and will consider purchasing a hello kitty for my next guitar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that didn't take long. :mad::mad: If anyone is listening, I for one am getting tired of this crap!

Pages load in fractions of the time Chrome takes. Click and it opens. No doubt Edge is WAY faster.

But I'm tired of the captcha crap. Somebody with some clout needs to say something about this. It's getting really old! :rolleyes:

I made a move today... I've been reading the "Ditch Chrome Now" emails from ZDNet for months now, and the articles about how one writer is getting an extra hour of batter time on his laptop and another getting an extra hour on his ipad, after switching browsers, due to how much less resources are used with Edge, Firefox (which I've used for years as well) etc. All are reporting faster load times, etc. They all said it's hard to break free of the google, but once you do, you'll be glad.

I'm not going whole hog (that's "all in" for you city boys, or "balls to the wall" if the city is Jersey) but on my second computer at work, I'm going to switch over to Edge for browsing TGP and here. Unless I get the captcha today, I'll report in after a couple days with an update. IF I get captcha'd today on Edge or Firefox, I'll report in here and will consider purchasing a hello kitty for my next guitar.
I've been using edge from the beginning, and its predecessor MS whatever it was. Never had a problem. Chrome crashes all the time for me, and Firefox was constantly allowing malware and viruses in.

I've never had Chrome crash. I've been using it since it was the lean, mean newcomer. But this is WAY faster on an older laptop at work. But now that I know the captcha thing is going to happen no matter what browser I use, it's time to start complaining more strongly.

I don't want to litter the forum. One computer guy I talked to (not here, and not a guitar player) said to litter the forum with threads titled "Get Rid Of the Captcha NOW!" He mods, and said multiple threads, in multiple areas started by multiple people and with the same title will get mods attention quickly. But I'm not sure if I'm ready to do that. I'd rather someone important mention this to someone at PRS.

We know (or should know) who our Mods are. @JMintzer is one, for sure. I don't remember who else is. There used to be a WebMaster eho ruled and governed over sites like this. Do we know who that is? Surely they can do something.

I've never had Chrome crash. I've been using it since it was the lean, mean newcomer. But this is WAY faster on an older laptop at work. But now that I know the captcha thing is going to happen no matter what browser I use, it's time to start complaining more strongly.

I don't want to litter the forum. One computer guy I talked to (not here, and not a guitar player) said to litter the forum with threads titled "Get Rid Of the Captcha NOW!" He mods, and said multiple threads, in multiple areas started by multiple people and with the same title will get mods attention quickly. But I'm not sure if I'm ready to do that. I'd rather someone important mention this to someone at PRS.
That would get you banned in most forums.
Or whacked if your in Jersey.:p:D

They're back when I login again of late. Not too too bad if I only have to do the boats once, but when I have to re-check the same %$#*'n pics 2-3 times I have more than a bit of "argh" with. I get the need for security on an open site, but really?

I haven't seen one of these in awhile.:D

F8e8DYo.jpg

Back