Forum Captcha - Driving me Crazy!

It's funny... we moved offices a couple weeks ago. Only one building away from the old one where we'd been for 25 years, but we got a new IP address (I had to re-register my computer for several things for security purposes, like credit reports, etc.) and since we moved, I haven't gotten it one time at work. That's the only place I ever got it. Never once got it on my ipad or either laptop at home, only on my extra work computer. Since we moved, haven't gotten it once. Yet...
All 3 of my devices, phone, laptop and pc are getting dinged. They claim its to reduce the spambots clogging the site, but as of this evening, they are getting through.

All 3 of my devices, phone, laptop and pc are getting dinged. They claim its to reduce the spambots clogging the site, but as of this evening, they are getting through.

I've never gotten one on my iPad ever. That's at home, my daughters house wifi, campgrounds wifi, Myrtle Beach hotel and a couple other vacation spots.... always take the ipad. The only place I ever got it was at work on my extra computer. Got it LOTS of times there. Never once got it on either home laptop either.

It's funny... we moved offices a couple weeks ago. Only one building away from the old one where we'd been for 25 years, but we got a new IP address (I had to re-register my computer for several things for security purposes, like credit reports, etc.) and since we moved, I haven't gotten it one time at work. That's the only place I ever got it. Never once got it on my ipad or either laptop at home, only on my extra work computer. Since we moved, haven't gotten it once. Yet...
Jinx!

I just figured I owed it to you all to update this... I had appointments out of the office and got in late this afternoon. I've gotten the capcha screen 4 times. SO far, I can refresh and it goes away, but in the past, it's better to just do it once then it might stop coming up for a while. :rolleyes:

This is beyond excessive, it's causing me to no longer want to visit this forum. Please disable this captcha and send your information security officer to training. He/she should know better than this.

I have never ever seen this. I use google chrome with the extensions privacy badger and adblock, maybe that nukes it?

Ok, the very "click" after posting this above, I got it again. In fact, got the double whammy. Did one set of 2 screens, then it made me do it again.

Time to revolt. I say each time we get one, we start a new thread announcing "I'm out for the day due to captcha." Start a new thread every time it happens, leave for the day, and announce that too. Maybe soon there will be enough threads littering the forum that someone will notice and do something. Do they even care if we stop posting for a day when it happens? We might need to find out.

Ok, the very "click" after posting this above, I got it again. In fact, got the double whammy. Did one set of 2 screens, then it made me do it again.

Time to revolt. I say each time we get one, we start a new thread announcing "I'm out for the day due to captcha." Start a new thread every time it happens, leave for the day, and announce that too. Maybe soon there will be enough threads littering the forum that someone will notice and do something. Do they even care if we stop posting for a day when it happens? We might need to find out.
Or start posting our own poorly worded spam posts for some product that we all know what its for, but cleverly avoid actually saying it.

Or start posting our own poorly worded spam posts for some product that we all know what its for, but cleverly avoid actually saying it.

I think it’s obvious that I’m not really wanting to start bailing for a day or more every time this happens, but I’ve seen other member much more frustrated than myself... I think we need to do something to get someone to pay attention.

I’m not a computer programmer, but we all have cookies from the forum. Don’t they tell the board software when we posted? Can’t it tell a regular contributor from a spam bot?

Back