Forgive me, psychos, for I have sinned.....

I've got a SC245 10-top and you can't have it. :p

PRS-2013_SC245RedBurst2730.jpg

I actually came here to ask if i could have it. Always one step ahead!

What neck carve do you like best? Are any dealers close to you to try a 594? If you like the pattern carve (sounds like you do), you REALLY need to try the pattern vintage carve on the 594!

Plenty of used 594s out there now to choose from, granted not as attractive price wise as the SC-58 which is a killer guitar (as is the SC245 and P245). I just believe the PV neck carve is a game changer.

There, I threw my word-based hand grenade, now I can leave this thread in pieces, er, peace :)

Once upon a time, I had one. A couple years back, I snagged a Red Fire Burst SC594 (10-to, no less). Loved the guitar, but it stood in the way if acquiring an acoustic i really "had to have," so i sold it. Also had a Gold Wrap 594 for a bit.

If i recall, the neck carve was pretty awesome.

They're definitely on my "consider" list.

My hands-down FAVORITE PRS is my SC245 57/08 LTD. It has KILLER wood and the original brushed, unetched 57/08 pickups. I have played other PRS single cuts and none of them feel as great as the 245.

Wait, didn’t all of these come with etched pups and not that bridge you have? Where is the correct truss rod cover?

Wait, didn’t all of these come with etched pups and not that bridge you have? Where is the correct truss rod cover?

I bought it second hand. The original owner made the change to the bridge. He also kept the TR cover and signed back plate. I thought it was just a regular SC245 until I contacted PRS CS, they told me it was a 1957/2008 LTD. They also told me I was SOL on the TR cover and signed back plate. That's okay, because I gig the guitar and the back plate would have been gotten all rubbed up, and I HATE PRS TR cover with anything on them.

I recently scratched the 594 itch, and got the perfect classic rock guitar... the kind that covers everything I play with equal ease. I never liked the huge 50s neck on Gibsons, but the pattern vintage neck is a perfect (and I mean perfect) middle ground between small necks and beefy ones. It fills the hand just right.

I liked it so much that I bought a second one within a month, and gladly sold a Carvin CT6 and Gibson Les Paul Standard Premium Plus to fund the additions. Both of those were great guitars in their own right, but the 594s (one DC Artist Package, one SC in classic black) easily replace them by doing what I had them for, better. I always have 2 guitars on stage for the possibility of broken strings, etc, and these are a perfect match!

Check the 594 out, but be warned. They are habit forming!

Hello, people!

After some time away, wandering the acoustic streets of Musicville, I'm back!!!!

....and I bring a dilemma with me......

I recently offloaded a slew of lesser instruments (all acoustics), and find myself in need of an electric. I mothballed my amp and pedals, while I toyed around with the flat-top toys...and I'm itching to get back to 'my roots.'

So - here's the thing:

I want a Singlecut Core, stoptail bridge, humbucker-equipped bada$$ of a PRS.

I'm looking at used 594s, Stripped 58s, and SC245s. 10-top of whatever model is preferred, because I like to feel sexy when I'm murdering scales.

Looking to the brain trust to offer their personal experiences. Age of the guitar doesn't much matter...but I do know I'm a big fan of the 2-piece bridges of late, and the Phase III tuners.

Ready....aim...fire!!!!!

Oh....and I missed you crazy people.

Mark
Any of those you listed should get you there. I really like the 57/08 pickups but others seem love the newest LT’s in the 594. The stripped is a fantastic value by comparison or the SC-58 or 245 for a fancier top.

Back