Forgive me, psychos, for I have sinned.....

drawshot

Just one more...and that's it!
Hello, people!

After some time away, wandering the acoustic streets of Musicville, I'm back!!!!

....and I bring a dilemma with me......

I recently offloaded a slew of lesser instruments (all acoustics), and find myself in need of an electric. I mothballed my amp and pedals, while I toyed around with the flat-top toys...and I'm itching to get back to 'my roots.'

So - here's the thing:

I want a Singlecut Core, stoptail bridge, humbucker-equipped bada$$ of a PRS.

I'm looking at used 594s, Stripped 58s, and SC245s. 10-top of whatever model is preferred, because I like to feel sexy when I'm murdering scales.

Looking to the brain trust to offer their personal experiences. Age of the guitar doesn't much matter...but I do know I'm a big fan of the 2-piece bridges of late, and the Phase III tuners.

Ready....aim...fire!!!!!

Oh....and I missed you crazy people.

Mark

I've got a SC245 10-top and you can't have it. :p

PRS-2013_SC245RedBurst2730.jpg

Much appreciated for all of the inputs, peeps!

I've spent a decent amount of time over the last day, surfing the usual places to see what I can see. I found a couple Stripped 58s that look nice...and a couple SC245s.

Decisions, decisions....

vchizzle - I'm a basement superstar. I don't gig, and kinda wander the sonic map when I play. I have a modest amp/pedal setup, and just play for fun. That said...I'm stuck in the classic rock, alternative, 80's, and 90's genres...so I suppose I'd like to square up something that can cover a pretty broad range of music. I don't shred...I don't like polka...and smooth jazz makes me feel ill. I'm a walking newbie-player cliche, sir.

I'm thinking about putting 57/08s in my 245, Would love to pick up a SC58, they seem awesome.

SC58s, Stripped 58s, 594s, SC245s are all superb. One of my two favorite guitars is this McCarty Singlecut; it’s essentially a 245 with a thicker back and some of the tweaks that later made their way onto the 594. I adore this guitar. It was a PS run, but if you can find one, they’re absolutely fantastic sounding instruments. This run had mammoth ivory birds, which is why they’re not all sparkly. The pickups are 57/08s that (as I understand it) were tweaked for this model. Fretboard is Madagascar rosewood, back is African ribbon mahogany, so despite its thickness, it’s not too horribly heavy.

To give you some idea of the tone, Tim Pierce bought one and uses it on his YouTube channel often.

9jbLbz1.jpg

What neck carve do you like best? Are any dealers close to you to try a 594? If you like the pattern carve (sounds like you do), you REALLY need to try the pattern vintage carve on the 594!

Plenty of used 594s out there now to choose from, granted not as attractive price wise as the SC-58 which is a killer guitar (as is the SC245 and P245). I just believe the PV neck carve is a game changer.

There, I threw my word-based hand grenade, now I can leave this thread in pieces, er, peace :)

Back