For your viewing pleasure...

AP515

Mostly Normal
So I happened upon two related videos. Both refinish a core PRS guitar. Both are a treatise in black and white. Both broach the subject of the unearthly or perhaps the macabre. Both are original and unique.... So I have to ask, aren't they really both about the same?

First this...

And now this...

Both cool videos! I've watched the Fenton video a couple times, and have seen the beer guy also...he does some interesting things, all while sipping a cold one.

The first video is cool, although he should have removed the hardware before he started painting the guitar. I'm not really into horror movies, but I like the idea behind what he did.

The Joe Fenton Tremonti is just kick ass awesome. Joe is amazingly creative and imaginative.

I know some of you have undertaken a couple rehab projects (I'm looking at you, Sergio). So lets see some mods you guys have done.

The first video is cool, although he should have removed the hardware before he started painting the guitar. I'm not really into horror movies, but I like the idea behind what he did.

The Joe Fenton Tremonti is just kick ass awesome. Joe is amazingly creative and imaginative.

Agreed on all fronts (well, I like horror movies). WTF is it with peeps not taking the guitar apart? I mean... dudes got spray all over the tuners and sh!t.

I know some of you have undertaken a couple rehab projects (I'm looking at you, Sergio). So lets see some mods you guys have done.

Photobucket really f@cked me up. I've got a pile of projects that are unfortunately under another pile of a project called my house. I'll try and get some pics up after I dig 'em out from the rubble... and I got a couple more to do eventually. ;)

I gotta admit that the horror guitar seems like a neat idea but it looks like $hit. if it wasn't done in what seems like the laziest way possible maybe then it might be cool but nah.

haphazardly spreading wallpaper paste on the guitar is one thing but when he random azz sprayed the tuners I was done.

For me the Fenton work is pure talent.

The first one reminded me of kindergarten finger-painting. When the black paint hit the back of the tuners I wanted to scream.

Back