For those who love the DGT

Blackbear

I have had my Gold Top DGT for several years now and it is always one of the two guitars that I take when I go out to play, it is so versatile and easy to get a great tone with that I have to look for reasons to play my other guitars. What confuses me is when I read about threads on different web sites it always surprises me at how many players talk about changing the pickups in their DGT!!! It doesn't make any sense to me why you buy a DGT then consider changing the pickups, it's like buying a PRS Santana and then switching the pickups, the reason those guitars are signature models is that they are dialed in for a certain sound. Why not buy a regular Custom 22 or 24 if you are going to swap parts? The DGT pickups to me are a huge part of what makes the guitar so special.

:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

I don't understand that either. People buy a guitar and quickly swap the pickups out. When you try a guitar out in the store, isn't the sound part of it.

Btw, the DGT are Sweet, one of my favorite prs's. Next on the gas list...

I think the reason some people would go with the DGT over the CU22 or CU24 is that it has two volume controls. I REALLY like two volume controls, and was considering a DGT but since it has a Trem I opted for a singlecut instead.

I love both my DGT's but I love to experiment with pups. I just happened to find out I like the #6 pups in the DGT STD better than the originals. I will keep the originals in the '07 though.

I love my DGT standard and love the original pickups. However, I could understand someone wanting to make the switch as there are lots of exclusive features on the DGT. The body thickness, the neck carve and of course the electronics set up, volume, volume, tone, p/p and 3 way toggle...

It's because a DGT is very close to a McCarty Trem, which you can't buy any more. But buy a DGT and swap the pups, and there you are. Not everyone wants the DGT-ness, they want the basic platform...

I agree 10000000%. I never get the point of swapping out the DGT pups. Grissom designed those himself and they aren't available in any other guitar!

I agree 10000000%. I never get the point of swapping out the DGT pups. Grissom designed those himself and they aren't available in any other guitar!

Yeah but you gotta look at the reasoning in mine and Twinfan's post, the base platform for that guitar isn't available any other way..

Back