For the love of Faded Blue Jean

Faded

There are few colors that evoke what Faded Blue Jean does for me. It’s one of those old school (kind of) PRS colors that is unique, but still relevant in today’s lineup.

I’d love to see your best Faded Blue Jean shots.

I’ll start it off with my 1959/2009 Experience guitar in FBJ with a private stock quilt top.

nIQWPBF.jpg

What's not to like!! :D That is am AMAZING top. Blue just happens to be my favorite color, but with that grain, it would look good in almost ANY color.

Faded Blue Jean & White Tiger are my all time favorites! The first PRS I ever saw was a custom 24 in FBJ and I thought it was the most beautiful guitar I’d ever seen. Still feel the same way 20 years later. Also, still trying to save up to afford a Core FBJ, but for now this will have to do..
I gotta say, these new SE Zach Myers look about as close to FBJ as an SE has ever gotten. This is my humble addition, and even though it’s not technically FBJ, it’s all I have to contribute!
DgLVIR6.jpg

There are few colors that evoke what Faded Blue Jean does for me. It’s one of those old school (kind of) PRS colors that is unique, but still relevant in today’s lineup.

I’d love to see your best Faded Blue Jean shots.

I’ll start it off with my 1959/2009 Experience guitar in FBJ with a private stock quilt top.

nIQWPBF.jpg

Hnnnngggggaaaahhhhahhh...!!!!

Wow. Just wow.

I have a sibling to that guitar... in black slate, and the colors don't pop off it nearly as good as that!

That said, maybe I should try some new shots with a camera that's less than ten years old!

There seems to be a lot of difference with how the FBJ stain reacts to different pieces of wood, the two on the right are FBJ.
50906019841_f88f7757de_c.jpg

This is a close up of the one from the right, it's a CU24 Fatback w/ a Korina back & neck.
50902865313_e20edb2779_c.jpg

Both beautiful guitars, I love that custom 24 fatback. It is pretty interesting how some can look like Faded whale blue or River Blue while others have the classic Blue Jean look.

Absolutely one of my favourite colours, and all of the above axes are amazing.

When I eventually cave in and start selling my internal organs to get a PS it’s going to be a quilt top FBJ glow.

FBJ glow! Sounds incredible, I’m not sure I’ve seen one of those.

I used to think that Wale Blue / Faded Whale Blue was the "it" color for PRSi. And I guess it sort of was for almost 2 decades... but it's pretty clear to me now that FBJ is an absolute crowd favorite of the blues.

Back