Footswitch cause distortion? Two Channel H

fradubio

Hi Folks,
I have a new to me Two Channel H head from 2012. It sounds great, but when I plug a two button footswitch (Hosa, no leds) I can switch channels and turn reverb off, but there is a farty kind of distortion like the speaker is flubbing out.

I unplugged the footswitch and it sounds back to normal.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
L.

I have both the two channel H and C amps. I only have one switch that was included with the purchase of the C amp. I have not found a third party switch that works properly with my PRS amps. I don’t know why. Maybe someone at PRS can shed some light on the compatibility issue.

Argh. Never mind. Now the whole amp is kaput. Clearly, the fuzzing was a symptom of something else failing and the footswitch was just a coincidence.

Yep, try replacing the power tubes first then working down to the others. I know it's a PITA, but a cheap trouble shoot. After that I would contact the PTC for a repair, much cheaper than sending it elsewhere.

Had my tech go through the amp. He found a few cold solder joints and addressed those, changed the switching diodes and capacitor, changed one of the preamp tubes, and she's back in action!

I'm a little nervous and may take a backup if I play out with it for a bit... but so far so good!

Back