Flying British Airways from London to Beijing with my Custom 24-My experience

Cesar

Dear all,
I know there is always a lot of uncertainty when flying with our babies... Just sharing with you my recent experience. For working reasons I am going to spend my next three years in China. My relocation is happening as we speak. I took the decision to take with me my Custom 24 in her original PRS case., as I did not want to deliver her to the relocation Company and being without her for one month ...:) The British Airways guys were super nice to me, allowed me to gate-check it in and at my arrival to Beijing it was nicely delivered to me in the special luggage area.
Just sharing too that I detuned it, wrapped it very well in bubble-wrap and...that is it.
I will come bak to UK next week for VISA reasons - my definitive relocation is as per the 1st. of Jan, and I will take then two of my babes with me as the experience has been good. -The rest have to go with the relocation Company.

Cheers,

Cesar

Thanks Guys!
Every time I move ( Spain, Romania, Egypt. UK and now China ) all my babies come with me along with furniture, etc...but my PRS'S I always try to take them on the plane- Cannot spend a single day without playing them :)

I guess there are two messages for the forum here : one, the Original PRS cases are good for flying with the guitars. The second, if you need to fly with your axe, try to check it in at the gate. People are nice when they understand how much the guitar/s mean to you... At least that is my experience.

Glad that it went smooth for you. I remember the days when I could check my amp head and 4X12 cab at no extra charge. My guitar always went onboard in the coat closet, (1970's domestic US flights - truth).

Last edited:
I would be worried sick taking a guitar on a plane. Nobody has my kind of luck. Just sayin.

Back