Floyd Rose Rail Tail

JimmyDee

Anyone tried installing a Floyd Rail Tail onto a PRS?
Just curious...

fvm7yKd.jpg

Curious about that bridge. What are the advantages? As a former Floyd abuser, when I switched to PRS a BIG part was the stability of the trem/tuning system. I have not missed a Floyd (well, not 100% true - I miss the big harmonic pull-up "whees").

Curious about that bridge. What are the advantages? As a former Floyd abuser, when I switched to PRS a BIG part was the stability of the trem/tuning system. I have not missed a Floyd (well, not 100% true - I miss the big harmonic pull-up "whees").

I used to be a big floyd fan too. Got really tired of changing strings on them. I only get 2 shows on a set if strings so string changes are frequent for me. I can change strings on a prs trem guitar in about 10 minutes so that's an improvement.

I still miss the tuning stability of the floyd. My prs guitars do really well but not quite as well as a double locking floyd. Keep in mind , I use my trem very aggressively

I used to be a big floyd fan too. Got really tired of changing strings on them. I only get 2 shows on a set if strings so string changes are frequent for me. I can change strings on a prs trem guitar in about 10 minutes so that's an improvement.

I still miss the tuning stability of the floyd. My prs guitars do really well but not quite as well as a double locking floyd. Keep in mind , I use my trem very aggressively

Cool. Yeah, I'm not doing much - if any trem stuff unless I am on fire and feel the need to jerk the bar, lol.

So has anyone tried this? I was thinking it would be a simple mod for my Paul allender se

Look great. How is the maintenance on the Floyd when you change string? Do you need to lube the rail all the time?

It has been a year and just wondering if anyone installed a Floyd Rose Rail Tail on their PRS custom 24?

Back