Flames! Lets see them

003-6.jpg

09 Al Di - amazing tone out of this one...
Rainbow.jpg

My first PRS - CU24
Green_beauty_shot-2Horiz.jpg

Long gone and not too flamey but a great color...CE24
Purple_CE24-2.jpg

yeah, very hot! Let's see the front, just to keep the record straight. :)

Bearclaw Spruce has a little bit of figure to it, but like I said the top is way more subtle than the back for sure! ;)

PRSPSSinglecutHBOutdoors_42_zpsf7800de7.jpg

My first PRS - CU24
Green_beauty_shot-2Horiz.jpg

That reminds me of one of the first PRS Custom models I bought, it was a used emerald green 10 top CU24! VERY similar color and figure to that one, whenever I see a 10 top in emerald green it brings back those early PRS memories! :D

image_zps183e5e29.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zps01af78fe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsc542e389.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsd47496cc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Picture010.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zps1cfd0ee8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zps4a1c1629.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zps0986178a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zps62ab519f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm really more of a quilt guy, but still love a good flamed guitar.

Well it aint gonna win any beauty contests but I love the color and it's my #1 guitar onstage. I dont know where MY photos of it went. This photo is from the dealer when I bought it. It no longer has the covered 57/08 in the bridge. Gotts a Duncan CC (heart) and a ME Paua TRC (cause we all know how a custom TRC turns any guitar into a tone MONSTER) and I think that's all I've done to it..well besides a couple of battlescars :-(
YES...if no one has checked, the V12 finish IS HARD and THIN!!! :-( :)

It aint a lot of dramatic flame but it has some moustaching lol. My DREAM guitar will be a CRAZY quilt top one day and it probably wont see much action. For my "working" guitars though I like more subtle and understated (I'm not a real flashy guy). My old CE24 is solid red (but with some figuring under the factory paintjob ..it's red but was originally a burst that got crossed-out in the pup cavity and crimson was pencilled-in) and my McSoapy Standard is BLACK BLACK AND MORE BLACK...NONE more black is the name of the color I think...you LOOK at that thing and it gets a scratch!

So here she is. My flamed ugly duckling (relative to most in this thread):

I just have to rant a LITTLE more..sorry..
Man this is a great thread. Not only does it show off some stunners...it shows how far PRS has come in the ..ummm...forest/maple stands and the paintbooth. When PRS hit the scene in the early days these guitars were thought of as cosmetically beautiful, grossly overpriced, and...well..anything THAT beautiful can't be a serious player. Wall hanger yes but...
I remember seeing my first PRSs back in the day and my jaw hitting the floor. Prior to that you were lucky to see a Paul up close that had some figuring and pretty much ANY flame in a Paul would create more ooohhhs and aaaahhhs than a 4th of July fireworks extravaganza. When those BEAUTIFUL PRS guitars hit the stores and magazines...well...not a lot of people had ever seen guitars with THAT much flame!!

Now though, after seeing what they are putting-out these days, those old flametops (most of them..and even many of the old 10 tops) look and seem relatively tame. And of COURSE, nowadays just about EVERYONE makes guitars with incredible LOOKING tops. Sure most are veneer or even worse, photos of flame/quilt...but to an audience or untrained eye I dont think it matters how thick ot legit the top actually is.

I actually do have a 4th PRS and it too has a flame top. I didnt post pics of it (yet) cause it's in my closet until the 9th (my b-day..grrrrrrrrrrrrrr), and cause it's just Tremonti SE Custom in grey black flame but it's just a veneer and I dont think that counts here. I assume this thread is for PRSs with solid tops (well...or hbs) and not PRSs with veneers or other brands like say..Peavey or Ibanez etc with veneers or photos (fotoflame?).

ANYWAY...there it is. There's my contribution to the flame library thread. Nothing too over the top good looking and nothing pretentious about it so it takes a beeting and wears a good coat of sweat, blood, tears and Jager very well. It also matches well with some JD or Tequila. No we arent big stage drinkers..we'll do lik 2-3 shots of some hard stuff early and thats it. I LOVE this guitar to DEATH..or as much as a man can physically love wood and wire and paint and magnets and knobs and screws. I have a funny feeling though that it might get bumped of it's duties as #1 once I get to pull the Tremonti out...I really REALLY LOVE THAT guitar!!
If this thread is still active when I get to open it, and if there are any other SE/veneer tops posted I'll add mine too.

Oh and finally...GREAT Thread!! Nice to see some flame love instead of always the super 3D quilts! When the day comes that I'm lucky enough to join the :-O quilt owners' club...I'll be posting it in the "Show us your quilt tops" thread and I WONT be saying...yeah it's subtle, I'm not flashy, I like it understated so I'm not scared to take it onto the stage (into battle)...I'll be posting pics of a quilt top that lives in a hermedically sealed chrysalis(?) with Pink Panther style Louvre security...the lasers, heat and motion sensors, alarm systems and a pack of rabid warewolves chained to the display.
My McSoapy is the "None more black" guitar. The quilt is gonna be the "This one cant be plied!....no no, you mustnt even POINT ...listen to the sustain!...?...well you WOULD...go for a bite and you'll STILL be earin-at-one ooooooooooohhh".

YES!! Yes she IS my #^%@#& wife!! And YES, she is coming on tour with us cause I LOVE her and SHE is the one who keeps buying me PRS guitars!!!
The Stonehedge monument DOES seem a little small though doesnt it??

Last edited:
A buddy pulled this out yesterday, '95ish C22 10 top. He didn't know what the finish was called, but it's nice!

Back