Flame is lame

I do like the opaque colors. But, still LOVE stained figured wood. The opaque color on hippietim's PS Siggy is sick. I love that guitar.

11top said:
I've always considered myself a connoisseur of figured wood. I can quote the indigenous name of any tone wood in the world on sight and between my home and office I am responsible for the deforestation of rainforest the size of Bolivia.

However, lately my taste has been changing. I am really starting to dig the opaque. Black, gold, sea foam. Man, they are badass! Last time I was at the wood library I found myself looking at a sick one piece quilted maple top thinking, "that would be perfect in white". And that is exactly how I ordered it.

Anyone else getting on the solid color band wagon with me.

_

That is some cold-blooded @#$%. But funny! :lol: Has anyone seen the original 11top?

iahawk36 said:
Who are you?! And what have you done with Phenny?! :lol: :lol:

TheGimpPulpFiction.jpg

Bwahahaha!

Jamie

I guess it's easy to "be over" figured wood when you've owned several dozen guitars of EACH POSSIBLE VARIATION OF FIGURED WOOD :lol:

11top said:
I've always considered myself a connoisseur of figured wood. I can quote the indigenous name of any tone wood in the world on sight and between my home and office I am responsible for the deforestation of rainforest the size of Bolivia.

However, lately my taste has been changing. I am really starting to dig the opaque. Last time I was at the wood library I found myself looking at a sick one piece quilted maple top thinking, "that would be perfect in white".
LOL...now this is funny. "Steve" loves one-piece tops and opaque colors now?! :roll: Perfect in white? It's Todd!

I love the solid colors. I must, bc I paid the same price for a Goldtop SC58 as other dealers have the artist top ones. :? :)

Would like to see more PRSi avail in solid colors for sure. Nothing wrong with nice flame or quilt, but to me solid colors are more "rock n roll"!

Hehehe :lol:

Awwwww poor Steve though.... somebody gotta give him 11Top back!! He's getting on now, we don't want give him too much of a shock!!

Very funny though :p

In years to come I wonder if people will read this an know what was going on!!

Steve has REFUSED to post until he gets his real handle back - even though he is currently registered as "11top-TheREALone".

You guys are MEAN!

:eek: Proof of alien abductions! :mrgreen:

I'm planning for a solid color PRS for my next acquisition. With my wife going back to school for her masters, and my youngest starting his first year of college, this fall; which means that I'm putting 4 people through college... It's not likely that I'll be acquiring anything very soon.

Back