Fitting a Calton case to the SS

Jkater

Twelve years ago, I ordered a custom fitted Calton case in Calgary for a now-sold short horns DC style guitar. Kept the case, of course, but being exactly fitted to that guitar, it didn't fit anything else until I decided to put the scissors and thread and needle (and some sweat) into it. It now fits the Silver Sky PERFECTLY including the headstock padding. If you know the Calton cases, you know that I could throw that guitar (in the case) through the window of the second floor, let it crash on the concrete below and the guitar would still be in tune.

Wgfkg1e.jpg

trqQR4w.jpg

fxE51d6.jpg

Gw3z5IL.jpg
DnarlyX.jpg

H7EqjMw.jpg

KaJMU6h.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work! Looks like it was made for the guitar.

Nice Tama Iron Cobra pedals in the background.

Nice work! Looks like it was made for the guitar.

Nice Tama Iron Cobra pedals in the background.
Thanks! I just ordered an Iron Cobra 600 for the bass drum (and toe stoppers for both pedals). Even better than the 200 of the HH. Middle range stuff that works great in spite of not breaking the bank.

That is a really nice job you did on the Calton, can’t tell it wasn’t made for your silver sky.

Merci!

Thanks! I just ordered an Iron Cobra 600 for the bass drum (and toe stoppers for both pedals). Even better than the 200 of the HH. Middle range stuff that works great in spite of not breaking the bank.

Merci!

Yeah the Tama stuff is good but you pay for it!

My son is the drummer. I bought him a used Big Dog, double kick (double chain) for his birthday in the summer and his playing has moved on very well for an 11 year old, who started lessons this year.

His drum tutor is very pleased with him.

That is a really nice job you did on the Calton, can’t tell it wasn’t made for your silver sky.
Thanks!
Great job.
Carlton case are too good to be left empty.
Ha ha ha!
Very true.
Nice work!
Thank you, bodia. :) I'm happy with how it turned out.
Yeah the Tama stuff is good but you pay for it!

My son is the drummer. I bought him a used Big Dog, double kick (double chain) for his birthday in the summer and his playing has moved on very well for an 11 year old, who started lessons this year.

His drum tutor is very pleased with him.
It's fun to follow the musical growing of our kids. My daughter got a basic Yamaha electronic drum for her 13th birthday. She plays in a band and this is a good practice tool.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Ha ha ha!
Very true.

Thank you, bodia. :) I'm happy with how it turned out.

It's fun to follow the musical growing of our kids. My daughter got a basic Yamaha electronic drum for her 13th birthday. She plays in a band and this is a good practice tool.

Yeah the wee man has an electric kit, a lot quieter for us and the neighbours!

He plays a song in a our band which is great for him.

That’s a real nice set up, lovely space to play in.

Our drummer has recently bought an Alesis Crimson (mesh heads) kit and using real cymbals/hi-hat. He’s getting a great sound from the hybrid format.

Love the subtle inclusion of the PRSssssss in the foreground!

That’s a real nice set up, lovely space to play in.

Our drummer has recently bought an Alesis Crimson (mesh heads) kit and using real cymbals/hi-hat. He’s getting a great sound from the hybrid format.

Love the subtle inclusion of the PRSssssss in the foreground!

Yeah I included them as this was taken for this thread. :) Gotta stay on topic. :D

Back