First tune recorded with ME-V

markd21

I am loving this guitar. For me, it's like the near perfect evolution of a Paul's Guitar. The only thing missing is a piezo....

Anyway, Katie (my gf) wanted to sing this song, as it is one of her all time favs. This is also her first time doing any "real" recording. She hates her voice, lol. She thinks she sounds awful, lol.

Back to the guitar...

I used the ME-V on the leads. I used my AC15C1 driven by a J. Rockett "the DUDE" through a Suhr Reactive Load with different IRs loaded in my Helix Rack.

All pickup configs are with the volume rolled back to 8 and the 250/500 switch at 250. The AC15 was dimed on the Master and the Normal volume was around 2 O'Clock.

The first lead is the ME-V bridge single/middle single with the AC15C1 an IR of a 1x12 EVM12L speaker.

The second lead is the bridge as a single coil. I ran the amp through An IR of a Matchless 2x12 loaded with the G1230H and a Heritage 25 (or whatever that Matchless combo is).

The third is the bridge humbucker. The amp is running through a 4x12 with Greenbacks.

The fourth lead is neck humbucker, volume rolled back to about 6. The amp is cooking through the EVM12L impulse.

The other gear used is more straight up. For bass l used my Warwick FNA Jazzman with an old Bass POD Pro for the Vox AC100 model. I ran that to the Helix for cab models, settling on a 2x15 Mesa cab.

The drums were programmed on EZDrummer. That was fun - I used my Roland V Drums to play patterns into EZDrummer then I manipulated the MIDI.

Acoustic guitar was played on my SC245 through a Fishman Triple Play to get the MIDI into ProTools. From there I pulled up a sample of a Martin D28 to be my acoustic guitar. Piano and organ was done the same way. I used a Steinway sample for piano and a Vox Continental for the organ.

Background choirs were played via MIDI and then I used Garritan Personal Orchestra to build my voices in the choir.

This was a fun project. I hope you think it's ok!!

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/1ZfU

Nice job, Mark! Sounds great. And, Katie did a great job! Really glad to hear that you bonded with the ME-V, too.

Thanks for sharing this, glad to hear you've found a guitar that inspires you. I'm digging my ME-V as well, they're really great.

Nice job, Mark! Sounds great. And, Katie did a great job! Really glad to hear that you bonded with the ME-V, too.

Thanks!! Yeah, I think I have found a guitar that is versatile enough while still looking classy.

Thanks for sharing this, glad to hear you've found a guitar that inspires you. I'm digging my ME-V as well, they're really great.

Thanks!!

Great share as usual Mark.

Katie’s vocals are the bomb!

Katie blushed when I told her what you said.

Really nice, Mark. I hope all is well in your new world. Where the heck did Katie get that cool hat?

Everything is really great. Just a few weeks until the move! Regarding the hat....lol, that's my stage hat. Katie thought it was cool, so she wanted her picture with it on.

Back