First time gigging the P22

aristotle

I had about a 6 month hiatus gigging as we had a bit of a spinal tap moment with our lead singer / rhythm guitar player. We got that all sorted out, and our first gig back was last weekend. First opportunity to gig the P22.

I was one of those who thought that the Piezo was sort of neat, but not all that useful to me. The real reason I wanted the P22 was that it was a convenient way for me to get a CU22 with 53/10 pickups..and the Piezo couldn't hurt. I'm a convert now though. I use it entirely in place of an acoustic for those songs that require an acoustic. And I run at least a touch of piezo output through the mains on about a quarter of the songs we do. Really fattens up the sound of the entire band. A P22 with 53/10s is second to none as a gigging guitar (and for whatever reason, the newer ones with 57/08s just don't do it for me....but there are plenty of NOS 53/10s out that are actually cheaper...)

p22a_zpsddxvypsv.jpg

And the 30th CU24 is no slouch either...

cu2430th_zpstlbfhr5f.jpg

Those look fantastic! Were you the only guitarist or were they too jealous to be in the photos? :biggrin:

I just scored a brand new P22 10 top NOS with 53/10's in it from an authorized PRS dealer for $2,100 delivered.... It was an auction and I submitted an offer for $2,100 thinking they would walk me up a few hundred dollars... I clicked send and got an auto response that my offer was accepted within 10 seconds... I couldn't believe it! I had to reread the listing thinking my dumb ass missed the "repaired head stock" print but there was none to be found... Completely legit! Turns out, the dealer was liquidation their PRS stock and no longer carrying them so they were blowing them all out. Score.

Anyhow, I LOOOOOOOVE these 53/10's and cannot believe how great they sound.... Your's looks great too! Rock on brotha...

Thanks guys!

Those look fantastic! Were you the only guitarist or were they too jealous to be in the photos? :biggrin:

Naw... two guitarists. The other guy is way better than I am, but we split the leads nonetheless. He rocks an SE through a POD actually. Sort of the antithesis of what I do, but the contrast works well I think. He has taken to playing the POD through my Tone King Metro though, so maybe I'm rubbing off on him?

I just scored a brand new P22 10 top NOS with 53/10's in it from an authorized PRS dealer for $2,100 delivered.... It was an auction and I submitted an offer for $2,100 thinking they would walk me up a few hundred dollars... I clicked send and got an auto response that my offer was accepted within 10 seconds... I couldn't believe it! I had to reread the listing thinking my dumb ass missed the "repaired head stock" print but there was none to be found... Completely legit! Turns out, the dealer was liquidation their PRS stock and no longer carrying them so they were blowing them all out. Score.

Anyhow, I LOOOOOOOVE these 53/10's and cannot believe how great they sound.... Your's looks great too! Rock on brotha...

Wow, $2100 is a great deal! I know it's all personal taste, but side-by-side, the 53/10s sound so much better to me than the 57/08s to me... in a P22 anyway.

Wow, $2100 is a great deal! I know it's all personal taste, but side-by-side, the 53/10s sound so much better to me than the 57/08s to me... in a P22 anyway.

You know, I'd have to agree - at least in the P22. Horses for courses of course, but the 53/10's have that magic and I feel truly lucky I have a pair of them...

Back