First PRS

Kmonk

I'm primarily a bass player but also play guitar. I do music for several television shows. I need guitars that stay in tune so that I'm not constantly having to stop in the middle of recording a track. I have an American HSS Strat that I like quite a bit because I can get a variety of tone from it. I've always wanted a Gibson Les Paul so a few years ago, I bought a Gibson Traditional. It was ok but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Last year, I acquired a Gibson Classic Les Paul Gold Top with P90 pickups. It played and sounded great but would not stay in tune. I couldn't play it for than 30 to 45 seconds without having to stop and tune it. Yesterday, I traded it for a PRS CE24. WOW! What a difference. The PRS sounds better, plays better and stays in tune no matter how much I bend strings, use the whammy bar or how hard I play. Great guitar. I'm very happy that I made the trade.

Welcome! So glad to hear you found a guitar that spoke to you and have already been putting it to good use!

A guitar that is stable, expressive, inspiring, organic, and multi-dimensional is what draws probably the most players to PRS...of course, they're not bad to look at either.

When you get your post count up (to 3, I believe) we'd love to see some pictures of your new guitar...we like pictures here.

You'll also find a great wealth of knowledge and conversation here. Not only regarding PRS, but anything gear or recording related.

Welcome, again...and congrats on your new PRS!

Happy NGD, and welcome!

They are great guitars for the studio (and everything else). Bandmate of mine had to record all his parts with my PRS once because his LP wouldn’t stay in tune.

Sure you do.
You have to host them somewhere else though (Imgur is popular here) and then link to that here.

I had never heard of Imgur until I read your post. I checked it out and they require a phone number. I'm not going to provide one and then get all kinds of spam calls and spam texts. If I have to sign up to another website just to upload pictures, this will be last post. Not worth the hassle.

I had never heard of Imgur until I read your post. I checked it out and they require a phone number. I'm not going to provide one and then get all kinds of spam calls and spam texts. If I have to sign up to another website just to upload pictures, this will be last post. Not worth the hassle.
Wow, that sucks. I'm really glad I got my account when they didn't.

You might still be able to get a Google Voice account phone number, I use that one for sketch stuff like this.

I have never been spammed by giving my phone number to imgur. They want it so that they can send you a verification code to prove that you are really a human being wanting to create an account. They do the same thing if you ever forget your password. But, if your not comfortable, i will not twist your arm any furter.

Back