First PRS was delivered today and I'm considering my options...

I would return it and find another one. They will have to lower the price a lot more than $150 to sell it to someone with that big dent in it. You could also figure out what the dent is worth to you and hit them with a counter offer. If they don't take it, tell them you are returning it. You are really in the driver's seat on it.

I would return it and find another one. They will have to lower the price a lot more than $150 to sell it to someone with that big dent in it. You could also figure out what the dent is worth to you and hit them with a counter offer. If they don't take it, tell them you are returning it. You are really in the driver's seat on it.
Yeah, it’s a negotiation. I’d counter with telling them I’d pay $150 to keep it.

Thanks for the discussion. The box was not damaged in any way so I do not think this was damaged in shipping. The pattern of the impression on the dent kind of looks like it came from the gig bag, but there is a foamy cushion that should have been wrapped around the guitar in that spot. It doesn't matter anyway as I've been convinced to return it.

I'll be around when I get a different PRS. Cheers!

I'll be around when I get a different PRS. Cheers!

No need to wait. Stick around - we're not picky!

24028833.jpg

Not repairable. How much of a discount?

I'd return that immediately, but I don't like cosmetic defects and repair them when able. I have 30 year old guitars that have seen 1000 or more gigs and look new, so dings are not my thing.

If you're ok with dings and it was a substantial discount, ponder it. If not a substantial discount, return.

If I were you, I would definitely go for a replacement.

You have paid for a brand new, intact guitar, and this is everything but intact.

OP here. The refund has been completed. I ordered another S2 Standard 22 Satin from a different dealer who had Sunburst in stock, which I am way more excited about than the white version. But how unlucky can I be? It was on the FedEx truck this morning to be delivered by 12:55. Earlier today the FedEx truck was blocking my driveway as my wife drove up. She talked to the driver who said he could not find the package and he'd "have to come back later". I wonder the driver felt pressured to move his truck out of the way. I sure hope it's still en route for delivery today because the suspense is killing me! This guitar better be magical and flawless, lol. I was all ready to give it a workout and then do any setup tweaks it needed. It was going to keep me busy all day before firing up the grill for dinner. I even went to the office early this morning and then mowed my lawn. Can't a dad catch a break? I guess sipping an IPA and watching baseball right now isn't too bad.

I dig the color :) but I think if you can get another I would , if it was on the underside i would keep it
You could possibly steam some of it out if you decide to keep it.
It won’t…………….nope, too deep for steam.. Not to MY satisfaction. Time to go back, can you get 250 off?

Just sayin..:confused:

The guitar arrived just before 8:00 last night. It was worth the wait! It’s flawless and weighs in lighter than the previous one at 6.8 pounds. Peeled the plastic off and installed black S2 tuner buttons. It’s all mine now and the bonding process has begun. The weird thing is that the tremolo springs ring loudly on C notes. It’s like having reverb that only works on C. Haven’t really plugged it in yet because it was late last night. I’ll be back with pics later… ✌️

My saga is over. This bad boy is home now.

Back