First PRS on order - 35th Anniversary S2 24

Dweebs

To my fellow PRS enthusiasts, I've just got home after placing an order for my first PRS guitar, I literally can't wait for this thing to arrive.

I've gone for the S2 35th Anniversary in 'whale blue'

Just wanted to share my excitement and see if anyone is lucky enough to already have one of these, and see what they thought of them. Also I played an SE in whale blue, and a normal S2 in whale blue to see how i liked the neck profiles etc, and found the color difference to be quite large. I've not seen the anniversary one in the flesh, so if anyone has a whale blue version, I'd really appreciate some photos to see how these look in normal everyday life.

Congrats and welcome to the forum. I hope your wait won't be long. Looking forward to you posting some pics when it arrives.

Great choice! The best color in an incredibly good guitar for gigs. I’ve always been thrilled by how each piece of wood takes stain differently, and every single guitar looks different even though they may have the same color name. It’s great that we all have unique axes to treasure.

Welcome and Congrats... whale blue is a super colour but it looks different depending on the lighting. It can look very dark in dim light or it can pop in bright light. Can't wait to see pics.. in the meantime here's my CuRo22 in whale blue (artist quilt top)

cu28.png

and in the brighter light
DSCN6936b.png

On the 35th Anniversary S2 Custom 24, are the pickups regular 85/15s or TCI?

Congrats. I also ordered my first prs. Same guitar in the McCarty burst. So excited! May be waiting 6 months I've been told

yeah, i've been told between 6 and 9 months, but i've got everything crossed it'll be here sooner.

cheers for those pics Jo, that's a lovely looking bit of kit you've got there :)

Whale Blue does tend to vary a lot from guitar to guitar from what I've, and in different lighting conditions I find, even. I've noticed mine photographs a little different with a flash than without-

I love three color though, it's one I remember from when I was just a kid in the 90s with no money who could only drool over the PRS catalogs.

well; firstly happy new year to you all and whilst it's been a while since my last post, lots of things have changed, and one of the main changes is that I received a phone call a few days ago to say there was a package waiting for me. This little beauty had arrived:

prs1.jpg

prs3.jpg

prs4.jpg

prs5.jpg

prs2.jpg

I have to say whilst not the most experienced guitarist around, I've had an opportunity to play a few rather expensive guitars, and considering the price point; the quality of this guitar has exceeded even what I'd have expected by PRS. Cheers to everyone on this forum too, as I'll be honest I was rather close to purchasing a rival brand, and a mixture of this forum and some further reading made me decide to go PRS, and am I glad I did. So thanks again to all you fellow members!

Back