First PRS/New To Forum (SE Custom 22)

hello all! became the proud owner of a 2007 PRS SE Custom 22. Not a super sexy carved top like I plan on getting later this year but I dig this veneer. had it about three days & I’m a huge fan. Always knew of Paul & love his personality & the innovation he’s brought to electric guitar but to play one i’m starting to understand his perspective. Couple questions, I was wondering if anyone had a Custom 22 set up on 10-52 or a higher gauge I wanted to get some setup tips.
gGNg0SJ.jpg

Last edited:
Post up a link if you can so we an see what you got. Congratulations by the way.

Congrats! Third party host(like Imgur), use the "direct" link to paste using the image icon above, go make a few "Nice guitar" posts to get your post count up enough to post pics, then you can prove that you didn't buy an Epiphone.;)

Lol I actually ended up trading in a couple pedals & a epiphone dot for store credit & picked this guitar on a whim. I almost bought a 2017 SE Custom 22 in January but it sold before I could get a day off so I’m happy to find one. Will edit with a picture shortly!

Congratulations. The biggest setup tip I could give you is get a new nut and have it professionally installed. If you are a trem fiend, put locking tuners on it. Sprinkle with a half a teaspoon of mojo, and rock out.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I saw a good price on a Bernie Marsden SE it got me thinking I plan on doing a USA nut & probably some new pickups not sure what to go with yet, I like them relatively low output. The setup was a bit of trial & error with the 10-52 gauge I like but worked with the nut & trem a bit & got it dialed in Eb.

A Marsden/SE245 is a fantastic mod platform. You really don’t have to do much, honestly. I dropped Seymour Duncan Antiquity humbuckers in but left the rest of the electronics stock...they work perfectly. The nut on mine is still stock and works beautifully, too. The only other mod I’ve done is having the tuners upgraded by John Mann. Those work great! I dearly love my 245.

se245pup2.jpg

Back