First PRS Guitar You Ever owned?

That would be the 2012 SE Santana I bought back in 2012 on the far left in this new pic I took yesterday.
Wanted a new pic showing all guitars including my youngest sons Christmas present, the SE Custom 22 Semi-Hollow.
I will say that orange Custom 22 is the nicest SE I have ever played, plays about as good as my 408.
Plays even nicer than my SE Tremonti Custom which is my next favorite SE to play.
There is just something about his Custom 22 that is magical, almost tempted to get one for me as there are no S2s that have the stoptail, I do not want another tremolo.
After I bought that Santana, it was all downhill from then on
xmas7.gif

3.jpg

My wife bought this new from my local guitar shop. It's a 2011 faded blue burst, quilted 10-top CU24 and I still own it. I've bought and sold at least 30 PRS guitars since, but only 13 are still with me.

Can't hardly go wrong starting with a DGT!!!

I am loving it! I've been playing guitar a long time and never considered owning a PRS, not sure why.... I've always thought they were the best looking, best built modern guitars, just never thought seriously about purchasing one. Now I want a SC245 next, lol!

Last edited:
I'm just wondering what everyone's first PRS guitar was and when they got it. Mine was a SE Santana and I was 12 years old. Post pictures if you have them!

My first was a pair of 2008 Korina Limited Editions, Brazilian, McCarty's with P-90's and Humbuckers both sporting the natural finish. The P-90's are the bomb!

My first PRS was a 2003 CU24 which I purchased in 2008 (used, but in mint condition). It was a total impulse buy that my wife insisted on (I still have trouble believing that). The sum unfortunately is washing out the beautiful wood pattern
DSCN2619_zps4tjro2bo.jpg

QUOTE="schecky, post: 237884, member: 9919"]I'm just wondering what everyone's first PRS guitar was and when they got it. Mine was a SE Santana and I was 12 years old. Post pictures if you have them![/QUOTE]

6679f380-58f3-4312-87db-44d2e45d6a85_zpsj5bjqftz.jpg
[
Mine was an SE. I sold it pretty quickly. Now I have a DGT, and a S2 Custom. I don't think Paul was born when I was 12 haha. Here's a pic of the S2 Custom.

Here's my first. 97 Custom 22. Natural flamed maple. A color they never listed as "available" on the web site, and made limited numbers of.

MySpacephoto2.jpg

My first PRS was Singlecut from 2003 I believe in amber. It was the summer I graduated high school and I bought her and a wonderful strat I regret selling to pay for my first wave of college fees.

Traded her to another board member here ages ago because I needed a guitar with a trem at the time and couldn't swing another PRS. I miss the guitar but I absolutely love the SCT that replaced her.

My first was a '96 McCarty Standard in Vintage Cherry. While I don't regret trading it for my current McCarty, I wish I could have kept them both.

First was an SE CU24 a few years ago

First core was a 30th Anny CU24.. That I bought at the same time as my WL 408SH, so I suppose that could be debatable which was actually first, lol

First and only PRS I own is an '08 SE Cu22 that a guy from my church handed to me and said here you go. His son had given it to him and he thought I'd get more use out of it.

HRGU16HQfVje2XEeBMRwkSTyiVJapsvA9xwBnNajikKhDEmLMlpHq_zfq6gkFu2kcizTYI-rG6hLKcDyld5k7KxU5G3FrwDK9P2Szt5MTxndFScxvyc5alshkdj_Smtm8rLzdfOfhystJ3vvsdZxuAfGCvD0UySYI9r6p5b_CcGKeYiiKXhUD-YbhsFIiJFd8AVcai5Uh4fgABI9ZTSFa6CzNwl1WZSUczt_7NwXKLkFDGP4wg3USnXTQhEGw9tMHgh-CRP5Tu16nupIV60ta4nKfUG9WcbKPpfsFENPRMPqPf0v1o1uuRxougWSkmU60qE83kOB2Nqa3Y2D-xDbhBA63l65ik3yoQFiV5wn5mrOmoqIG6dfkmwnxMXD5VFtE3E2441q83Lo7diGxiA_94Q7EQ5l6wpyfsszjkfnIh_xeUUYfqEhUa1eFK4_mjvxac3-IY9J4il5UdACtcPJdWyHQ4Op8rUpuuLjIn2YxyHIGKvW0sEzTZXG6EVp-fN3O7Tho5blVJ_bL4-HgUmdd_kwtVy91wEh5EOZdZAMkTd6-R-82wrVWvWinbPDnbL4tb3y=w880-h660-no

That is black/grey but now looks green in person. It looks more black/grey in this pick though.

My first PRS guitar is a 1987 CU24.
I own it since one year, more or less.
She's the first, the one and only.
At the moment...

Last edited:
Back