First gig with this group

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
Well, we did it. We played Meet 2019 in Phoenixville, PA. I can't say that I was "good" but I made it through with only one really noticeable blunder (MISSED MY D*MNED CUE TO START A SOLO in one of the songs :mad:). I CAN say that after a missed note or a major screw up like that I was able to get back on beat, which was something that has been difficult for me in the past. I am sure this stuff is old hat for many of you here....but it is pretty new to me. Anyway, a couple of pix and a video of one of the songs that we did where it was just a drum, me on guitar and Angela singing.

Setting up....
64389859_10161868463160331_5048636281517506560_n.jpg

64749586_10161868462875331_135126504425127936_n.jpg

One of the songs....And YES, I do realize that I was too focused on my fretboard. But it was JUST ME playing. Might as well have been up there alone. I'd already missed a cue in a song prior to this one....wanted to be sure I was at least "close" to what I was supposed to play.

Anyway, thanks for looking.

Good on you for getting out there, it can be such a tough thing to do. I know I have missed cues as well, so it's totally understandable!

I"m afraid I didn't get to see your video as I am not about to let facebook track me around the web, but I'm sure you killed it!

Nice one KB, well done for putting yourself out there. Getting a great tone and you have a nice feel in your playing.

We all make mistakes when we play, own them and move on. Don’t dwell on it. From your work, I can see you’re a perfectionist. Use that in your practice regime.

In the band I played in several years ago, we had an unwritten rule that if you made a “faux pas”, no one acknowledged it.

Well, she has booked the last couple of things we did together. This one is just "official". So, hopefully, we get our @$$es back in to rehearsing and are better prepared to go next time :D
Just keep getting out there.

I think half the bands I played for pay with, I did my first show without a rehearsal. One had music for me so that wasn’t a problem. The others I kind of depended on spending a lot of time listening to the radio so I knew the flow of most popular songs. I had to watch the rhythm guitar like a hawk to pick up chord changes though.

Back