First Album/CD purchase

Shawn@PRS

yogi
James' thread about first concerts inspried me to create this thread about "First album/CD ever purchased"

The first record I ever purchased was Thin Lizzy Jailbreak \m/ \m/

First vinyl was most likely one of the early Capitol pressings of "Meet the Beatles."

When CD's first came out - the first one was classical - Beethoven or Tchaikovsky most likely. Would have been early, early, late 1984 early 1985. Before my son could walk, he learned to open the cd player, and he was trying to stuff a cassette tape in the tray and close it. I caught him just in time before he jammed it in. That's how I remember when it was.

Larry

My parents got me Michael Jackson's "Off The Wall" and "Thriller" on vinyl.

I think the first thing I ever went out and purchased with my own money was a Megadeth cassette.

il_570xN.316404566.jpg

Hey, I was 9...

Jamie

JMintzer said:
il_570xN.316404566.jpg

Hey, I was 9...

Jamie

Hey, some of those tunes have aged pretty damn well! I've continued to play "Last Train to Clarksville" on gigs well into my adulthood, along with "I'm a Believer" and "Pleasant Valley Sunday."

My first LP record, at age 6, was the UK version of The Rolling Stones No. 2. Next was the More of the Monkees... :)

OMG, I'm older than dirt! :(

My first 45rpm single: Walk On By by LeRoy Van Dyke

First vinyl album: Meet the Beatles (and still have that vinyl).

Last edited:
Deodato - Prelude from 1972. I was 8 and the guitar solo made me want to pick up guitar...which I didn't do for another 6 years. That and Terry Kath from Chicago...which was album #2.

kingsleyd said:
JMintzer said:
il_570xN.316404566.jpg

Hey, I was 9...

Jamie

Hey, some of those tunes have aged pretty damn well! I've continued to play "Last Train to Clarksville" on gigs well into my adulthood, along with "I'm a Believer" and "Pleasant Valley Sunday."

My first LP record, at age 6, was the UK version of The Rolling Stones No. 2. Next was the More of the Monkees... :)

No question, there were some great songs on that album. Still listen to them on my iPod...

Jamie

First album was Styx - Paradise Theater

First CD - The Cars Greatest Hits

What can I say, I'm a non-apologetic, Gen-X, child of the 80s. At least I cut my mullet... :lol:

The first records I bought were actually a set of six 45 singles. They came in a funky little plastic bag, and they were on a rack, sort of like the old comic book racks that you could spin around. It was in a tiny grocery store. I can't remember all of the music, but some of it was: Buck Owens and Buddy Allen - Cowboy Convention; The Wilburn Bros - Theme Song to a Don Knotts movie called "The Shakiest Gun in The West"; Johnny Cash - I Still Miss Someone.

The first LPs I bought were the two Johnny Cash Prison records; Folsom and San Quentin.

The first CD I can't remember. Back in the longbox days...

Goldtop

Back