First 35th Anniversary Models Announced

I can’t tell you how bad I want that SE 24. It has all the features I want, plus black gold which is my favorite color scheme. I really need just a bit of consulting work.

That SE is gorgeous! Thinking I might sell my SE Soapbar and SE Singlecut to finance the purchase.
The SE pushed all my buttons, essentially the perfect combination of the SE 24 and the Paul’s, also in my favorite color. I was screwed as soon as they released it.

My 71 Fender Mustang is on Craigslist as we speak.

The SE pushed all my buttons, essentially the perfect combination of the SE 24 and the Paul’s, also in my favorite color. I was screwed as soon as they released it.

Yup, me too. My dealer is still saying delivery towards end of November or early December. Christmas comes early.

Alright ladies, gents, and everyone else. I’m only buying one and I like the SE and S2. Who can give some solid buying advice?

Alright ladies, gents, and everyone else. I’m only buying one and I like the SE and S2. Who can give some solid buying advice?

I picked my SE up on Saturday but it has a crack in the finish (see other thread here: https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/35th-anniversary-custom-se-now-with-dealers.41075/#post-519912) so I'm still waiting on word of a replacement - I only played it very briefly before putting back in the gig bag & carton just in case I accidentally made matters worse! Rather than check it in the shop, I just grabbed it and headed home thinking it'd be a-ok.

My brief thoughts and opinion (quality checks aside) - a comfortable neck (for me) that I found to be slightly thicker than I was expecting after having played a few PRS with what I thought were the wide-thin necks. Not a fan of the rear of the neck being painted but it is glassy smooth. Nicely finished and polished frets with rounded ends, smooth tuners and a decent weight to it (don't ask me how heavy exactly as I don't have scales but I'd guess 7.5 to 8lbs). Prior to getting it I was a bit apprehensive over the 'S' version of the pickups but it sounded fine to my ears through my Mesa/Boogie amps. Many people will say the US pickups are far better but for the 5 or 10 minutes I played it, the 'S' ones seem quite acceptable with lots of output and the single-coil modes giving many tones to choose from in the middle position.

Assuming the replacement has no QC issues, I'm happy with the SE version.

First of the S2 version I've seen online: Holy smokeburst!

https://reverb.com/item/30276456-2020-prs-s2-custom-24-35th-anniversary-amber-smokeburst

cmczgqo5tpzwxzmpvx7u.jpg

Back