First 35th Anniversary Models Announced

I mentioned this on another thread but I like where they're going with the McCarty. Might be time to get a companion for my original 25 year old McCarty.

Doh! I already have an S2 Cu24 w/ 85/15 "S" pickups. Unfortunately not enough difference to justify buying this S2 model. (puts wallet back in pocket)

PS: Still no case?

I'm pretty pumped to try the S2 and SE 35th's head to head. I like that the SE has the TCI "S" pickups, updated top carve, and that sweet, sweet Black Gold Burst finish (finally on an SE!!!), but I don't usually care for maple necks so much. So the S2 has that going for it. I absolutely LOVE that they both have the individual toggles for splitting pickups, and a 3 way toggle. In fact, I'll probably buy one or the other simply because I don't know when I'll be able to get something with a toggle again. They both sounded great in the demos, I think I'll need to try them side by side to know for sure which is for me.

Another little side note, I'm wondering where the 35th SE will be made... the SE Paul's is being made at the Indonesian factory (at least those I've seen) and they must be getting the wood on those things really dry, in a good way. The Paul's SE's are very, very lightweight and musical sounding, something I've heard on S2 Standards and Core guitars, but never on an SE solid body. Could be enough to change my mind about maple necks if the wood is that way and they pair well together.

Oh my I really want that SE. It’s like the Paul’s with a neck I can actually play.

I am all about that SE. I love maple necks, bu only 3500 units! Come people!!!!

Best CU24 ever. It’s the CU24-08 with a much better pickup selector and improved location.

Back