Fiore thoughts?

Julian

It's a '59 with 4 knobs
Hello,

Anyone have experience with the Fiore? Pros and cons? Looking for clean glassy tones, with hint of reverb and delay.

Last edited:
Tried a couple of them - different guitars through different amps done in two different days.

How I think? Hmm...
- The guitar looks nice, and to be frank, lots nicer to me than Silver Sky. The black hollow birds on maple board look stunning. The neck shape feels similar to Pattern regular but with a bit sharper angle at the center of the neck. The neck construction is built with scarf joint technique just like current CE 24 and SS.
- EQ-wise, it has lots of highs with a bit scooped mids accompanied with clear-cut lows. It doesn't 'spank' nor well acoustically resonates like those S-type guitars - just sound solid and bright per say.
- Its electronics looks confusing and you won't know how they work without checking the net first. I personally have no idea how I can implement all those switching options - I use only 3 configs that I know where to use them in my playing, but YMMV. However, the coil-tapped options yield some noise though.
- Weight is something you may consider as my 2 test guitars have incredible difference in weight. The black one I tried earlier weighed in about 4 kg which was foreseeable for swamp ash body guitars, but the white one in the video below was as light as a regular McCarty - probably 3.3 I think. So if weight is one of your judging criteria, be sure to grab all specimens available in the shop
- In conclusion, for my personal likings, Fiore has its own voice - very bright with funky/fusion capability. It looks cool also. But to me still not my cup of tea.

I also record the tone as following. Please ignore the sloppy playing...:p

Last edited:
Tried a couple of them - different guitars through different amps done in two different days.

How I think? Hmm...
- The guitar looks nice, and to be frank, lots nicer to me than Silver Sky. The black hollow birds on maple board look stunning. The neck shape feels similar to Pattern regular but with a bit sharper angle at the center of the neck. The neck construction is built with scarf joint technique just like current CE 24 and SS.
- EQ-wise, it has lots of highs with a bit scooped mids accompanied with clear-cut lows. It doesn't 'spank' nor well acoustically resonates like those S-type guitars - just sound solid and bright per say.
- Its electronics looks confusing and you won't know how they work without checking the net first. I personally have no idea how I can implement all those switching options - I use only 3 configs that I know where to use them in my playing, but YMMV. However, the coil-tapped options yield some noise though.
- Weight is something you may consider as my 2 test guitars have incredible difference in weight. The black one I tried earlier weighed in about 4 kg which was foreseeable for swamp ash body guitars, but the white one in the video below was as light as a regular McCarty - probably 3.3 I think. So if weight is one of your judging criteria, be sure to grab all specimens available in the shop
- In conclusion, for my personal likings, Fiore has its own voice - very bright with funky/fusion capability. It looks cool also. But to me still not my cup of tea.

I also record the tone as following. Please ignore the sloppy playing...:p

Thank you for such an in depth reply! Greatly appreciated!

I’ve tried them twice. If found it very playable. It does sound different from most other PRS guitars. I buy an SE version in a second.

Very nice guitar. Great neck. My local GC has a black one. But, that volume knob placement is an issue for me which is why I ultimately ruled out a purchase.

I was really hoping to read that this played out like a regular playing PRS with Silver Sky type SC tones and an HB in the bridge. Sounds like that's not the case. If so, I might have been interested in trading in my SS for one.

Very nice guitar. Great neck. My local GC has a black one. But, that volume knob placement is an issue for me which is why I ultimately ruled out a purchase.
Same the Guitar Center in Brooklyn has a black one and I’ve been messing around with it, love the setup but seems a bit bland? I wish they had a natural gloss finish akin to Schecter Van Nuys HSS.

I was really hoping to read that this played out like a regular playing PRS with Silver Sky type SC tones and an HB in the bridge. Sounds like that's not the case. If so, I might have been interested in trading in my SS for one.
Huh. This just occurred to me (and possibly already addressed elsewhere)… how is the SS routed? If it’s open enough, why not mod one with a splittable humbucker for HSS configuration, then also having a custom pickguard made somewhere? Or maybe use, say, a Duncan JB Jr. etc. and not even need a new pickguard? Sacrilegious? Seems like an easy enough mod to try (and reasonably-priced, especially if we’re talking SE prices).

Huh. This just occurred to me (and possibly already addressed elsewhere)… how is the SS routed? If it’s open enough, why not mod one with a splittable humbucker for HSS configuration, then also having a custom pickguard made somewhere? Or maybe use, say, a Duncan JB Jr. etc. and not even need a new pickguard? Sacrilegious? Seems like an easy enough mod to try (and reasonably-priced, especially if we’re talking SE prices).
The SS would have to be routed to accommodate a humbucker. pretty sure someone posted a pic of the cavity.

I bought one because I love Lettieri and his tone. The guitar is beautiful, feels great, lots of tonal options. Now here's my experience out of the box, action was ridiculously high but after a setup it felt great. Pickups I find extremally bright, all my other guitars I can play through my pedalboard with no adjustment but seems like the fiore needs it's own eq settings. I have a DGT, custom 24-08, S2 studio (kinda dark sounding), musicman Luke III, 91 strat ultra, other teles and strat style. Fiore was not at all what I expected. Some my say just swap pickups, not my thing unless it's a parts guitar project or a less valuable guitar. So tone is my only gripe everything else is PRS excellence.

Back