Fiore SE?

davey_dragon

I’ve trawled the threads so I’m sorry if this has been asked already.

Has anybody any idea if we will see a Fiore SE anytime soon. I am in love after playing a larkspur blue but the reality is I will never be able to put up the price for a core instrument like that.

I was really impressed with the se silver sky facsimile but I’m worried that there might not be the same demand for a more affordable Fiore.

Interesting thing is even tho lots of folks were screaming for a SSH Silver Sky or a 10" radius Silver Sky , I don't think the Fiore set the world on fire sales wise, it is a nice guitar and they can be had used for reasonable prices ( several on reverb )

Interesting thing is even tho lots of folks were screaming for a SSH Silver Sky or a 10" radius Silver Sky , I don't think the Fiore set the world on fire sales wise, it is a nice guitar and they can be had used for reasonable prices ( several on reverb )
Interesting… I can’t wait to get my hands on one and anticipate that I would like it better than my silver sky

There's been a white one at my local store for months and months and months. Would love to play it but the shop is a bit weird, even if you're ready to buy they don't let you play it. Weirdos. I bought my SE HB Std there and he let me pick each string at each fret but only if I were really careful, lol.

I don't see an SE Fiore coming.

There's been a white one at my local store for months and months and months. Would love to play it but the shop is a bit weird, even if you're ready to buy they don't let you play it. Weirdos. I bought my SE HB Std there and he let me pick each string at each fret but only if I were really careful, lol.

I don't see an SE Fiore coming.

He's not joking. That store posted a picture of Warmart just before they let him try the guitar.

A-photograph-showing-a-motorcycle-rider-covered-in-plastic-bubble-foam-wrap-as-ATGATT-armor-protection-in-a-sportbike-crash.jpg

I'd have to agree we won't see a Fiore in SE anytime soon, if we do at all. The SSSE was a hot release that has plenty of miles left on it for updates in finish colors, maple board, and if we're lucky HSS.

I'm shopping for my "return to electric guitar in retirement." I kind of like the Silver Sky but to me it sounds a little too niche and I don't really like the candy colors. I love the Fiore demos I've seen and more classic colors. ( I do not like the fiore fretboard color) But my playing ability will not let me spend more than SE money. I'll probably get the SE 245 or the SE Semi as a companion if there is ever a NON - John Mayer SS

I'm shopping for my "return to electric guitar in retirement." I kind of like the Silver Sky but to me it sounds a little too niche and I don't really like the candy colors. I love the Fiore demos I've seen and more classic colors. ( I do not like the fiore fretboard color) But my playing ability will not let me spend more than SE money. I'll probably get the SE 245 or the SE Semi as a companion if there is ever a NON - John Mayer SS

I honestly don't know if the SE version has any Mayer markings on it, but I wouldn't call the core Silver Sky niche at all. Yes, it's modeled after Mayer's very specific preferences, but it's not a one-trick pony. I'm not going to tell the whole story again (sorry - I'm just waiting for the cheering from the regulars to die down), but I tried the Silver Sky only with an eye towards seeing what the fuss was about. I'm not a single-coil guy, and I really didn't have much interest in an S-type. "Blown away" is an understatement. I ended up buying it, and at least right now, it's the guitar I grab most for just noodling around. It's the best sounding single-coil I've ever owned.

I haven't played an SE (although I was tempted last weekend to pick one up), but the reviews I've heard compare the SE very favorably to the core.

Not saying that's what you should get, just that you shouldn't dismiss it as too "niche".

I honestly don't know if the SE version has any Mayer markings on it, but I wouldn't call the core Silver Sky niche at all. Yes, it's modeled after Mayer's very specific preferences, but it's not a one-trick pony. I'm not going to tell the whole story again (sorry - I'm just waiting for the cheering from the regulars to die down), but I tried the Silver Sky only with an eye towards seeing what the fuss was about. I'm not a single-coil guy, and I really didn't have much interest in an S-type. "Blown away" is an understatement. I ended up buying it, and at least right now, it's the guitar I grab most for just noodling around. It's the best sounding single-coil I've ever owned.

I haven't played an SE (although I was tempted last weekend to pick one up), but the reviews I've heard compare the SE very favorably to the core.

Not saying that's what you should get, just that you shouldn't dismiss it as too "niche".
Fair enough. I wasn't crapping on it so much as wishing for what they don't have. It's hard to pick just one.

I’ve trawled the threads so I’m sorry if this has been asked already.

Has anybody any idea if we will see a Fiore SE anytime soon. I am in love after playing a larkspur blue but the reality is I will never be able to put up the price for a core instrument like that.

I was really impressed with the se silver sky facsimile but I’m worried that there might not be the same demand for a more affordable Fiore.
I'm not good with predicting what PRS will do, but I will say, I own a Fiore and it is a power to be reckoned with for sure with the 11 possible pickup configurations. If you can, I would save every $ and really watch the used market, then once you've saved enough, make an offer you can afford. Granted every player has their own opinion, but I own a SS and a Fiore and I love them both. Do they sound the same? No. Similar. Yeah you can probably get real damn close with the Fiore to the SS. In my opinion...of course.

Back