Finished My First OD Kit

t.shamone

I bought a OD2 kit a long time ago and never finished it. Well, yesterday I got the inspiration to get it done!
I designed the graphic, my family parrot, but forgot to seal it properly so the colors bled. :bawling: The picture is also blurry so it doesn't help.
The pedal is an OD and a separate Boost. There are internal trim knobs for gain, boost and tone. Very tweakable!
It sounds surprisingly (since I built it)......................really good! The 3way OD switch selects between diode/clean boost/MosFet.
I'm happy with it and since it works, could see myself building a different kit in the future.

ScreamingParrotfincopy_zpse35498b9.jpg

This was a rejected graphic but gives an idea of the way it "should have" looked.

7a_zpscae7131a.jpg

Very cool. I've got a British Blues OD kit that has been sitting on my shelf since last Christmas...2011! I keep planning on sitting down with it, but a two-year-old-terror keeps me from it. Maybe this will give me the push I need.

How about some clips?

Thanks guys! Sound Clips sounds like a fun idea!
I'll put up pics of what I have, not a complete gut shot.

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

When I read "OD kit", something completely different came up to my mind. Mine would probably contain a strong laxative and at least two big plastic bags.

Back to the topic, the pedal looks super awesome! :congrats:

When I read "OD kit", something completely different came up to my mind. Mine would probably contain a strong laxative and at least two big plastic bags.

Back to the topic, the pedal looks super awesome! :congrats:

I like to leave things open to interpretation but......................this is a guitar forum right? :confused:

Thanks!!

:laugh:

Back