Finish defect on Silver Sky ?

KentoR

Hello
Just bought a second hand Silver Sky which is perfect in many ways, but has a little finish defect (I guess since I can feel some relief).
Is that common for such an expensive guitar ?
Rgds

Hello
Just bought a second hand Silver Sky which is perfect in many ways, but has a little finish defect (I guess since I can feel some relief).
Is that common for such an expensive guitar ?
Rgds

You bought a secondhand guitar and assume damage is from the factory? Occam’s Razor, bro.

Depends what the defect is and where it is. Maybe.

Sorry, forgot to post the picture.

Here it is

EDIT: Can't find a way to copy image from URL. What do you guys use to do it ?
T0Pcsjn

>

T0Pcsjn

@LSchefman, Hello this is a picture artifact (something reflecting) at the right, there is nothing else than this mark. I've also checked below the pickguard, and behind the body, there is nothing else. And again it is not deep scratch, it is a relief. That is strange. I was worried in fact that this is a consequence of something really bad on the body underneath.

I just picked up a 2020 Silver Sky maple board in the same color as yours. Mine has a tiny ding on the back. Oh well. Doesn’t change how awesome the guitar is. Don’t let it bother you. Probably saved you some money too!

I guess anything can happen. I bought a SS from a dealer, frost. Under the clear coat was a piece of hair embedded. It just bugged me for some reason and the store replaced the guitar.

Back