Finally took "good" pics of my newest guitars

markd21

I have been really enjoying these guitars. After spending equal time with both, I will say that the CU22 still edges past the DGT. Despite that, the DGT is a cool guitar. I actually prefer it in single coil mode. I think I am going to modify it though. As it stands, it offers me nothing sonically that I can't get from another guitar. What it needs is individual coil taps. Then I have a cool, set-neck guitar with a trem that will give me a few extra tones. However, the reality stands that if I had the opportunity to play it first, the DGT would not be with me.

Having the Brazilian 'board is cool, though. I dig the quilted top and the color. If I play live again, the DGT will be the one I use - the two volume knobs will come in handy. Anyway, here are a bunch of pics....

Despite how it seems, I do enjoy playing this one. The neck is very comfortable!!

Now this one is an absolute BEAST!!!! It is just about the perfect guitar for me. In fact, I think the ONLY thing that MIGHT make it "better" would be if it was a 22-08 (you know, 22 fret with the 408 switching system)….but even then I am not too sure. The 5-way blade does some killer sounds.

This guitar has a clarity that I have NEVER had in an instrument. It's almost like playing an orchestral instrument. The rosewood neck with the figured ebony fingerboard makes for the most orgasmic neck I have EVER put my hands on. The neck combined with the 58/15LT pickups....sigh. It's just the greatest!!!

Pics:

While my SC245 is still my favorite guitar overall, this one could - and very well MAY - take that place. The only thing that makes the SC245 "better" is that I have gigged a hundred times and recorded with it hundreds of times. It has become an extension of me. Time will tell if this CU22 does the same.....

Dude, they're both hot, but that 22 is off the hook! The top is cool, but that neck is beyond! Gotta shout out a "dibs" on that one!

I am a custom 22 guy myself .... but that DGT is pretty impressive [looking] to me.

I am a custom 22 guy myself .... but that DGT is pretty impressive [looking] to me.

Yeah, I have never been able to get into the 24 fret PRS'. That has always perplexed me because I played Jackson 24 fret guitars for 15 or so years. Every 24 fret PRS I have ever owned left the stable quickly. It was not until I decided to try a CE22 did I get a different perspective. But, it was 22 frets and 57/08s that blew me away. That is still my favorite configuration.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that the DGT is an Artist Package. It really is an amazing guitar, I am just stupidly picky (according to my wife). I will readily admit that the DGT smokes my 1998 Custom 22 10-top. It also kills my former MC58 - which was everything I'd want on paper....22 frets, 57/08s. And I am willing to bet if I didn't get the Custom 22 Wood Library two days before the DGT, that the DGT would reign near supreme.

Yeah, I have never been able to get into the 24 fret PRS'. That has always perplexed me because I played Jackson 24 fret guitars for 15 or so years. Every 24 fret PRS I have ever owned left the stable quickly. It was not until I decided to try a CE22 did I get a different perspective. But, it was 22 frets and 57/08s that blew me away. That is still my favorite configuration.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that the DGT is an Artist Package. It really is an amazing guitar, I am just stupidly picky (according to my wife). I will readily admit that the DGT smokes my 1998 Custom 22 10-top. It also kills my former MC58 - which was everything I'd want on paper....22 frets, 57/08s. And I am willing to bet if I didn't get the Custom 22 Wood Library two days before the DGT, that the DGT would reign near supreme.
The neck, pups, board and wiring on yours are completely different than any of mine were. So I am not sure how I'd feel about yours. But I know all of my 22's I have thoroughly enjoyed.

Back