Finally tidied up my pedalboard

goat-n-gitter

Dismembered
I've been using a Helix as my entire effects system as well as to control the channel switching on my Mesa MK-V and to process my piezo signal out to our PA system for quite some time, but the supporting pieces were scattered on top of my amp and around the Helix. As I'm hoping to start occasionally taking my rig outside of my house, I thought it time to organize things on a board:

Pedalboard%20After-X2.jpg

Here is how it looked before:
Pedalboard%20Before-XL.jpg

This crappy "Internal Server Error" message sure is a pain when posting anything!

I bought a cable organizer called a "Pedal Python" and I was pleased with how well it worked! The two wireless receivers and the Voodoo Lab control switcher previously sat on top of my amp. The dual direct box sends the stereo piezo feed (and some special effects) to the PA. The Helix has XLR outs, but I find if they see phantom power from the PA it loads them down and they don't sound right, hence the direct box. The midi bass pedals are fun, but I suck at them and it's hard to play them while tap dancing on the Helix. For you tone purists out there, note that I get all my guitar tones from the Mesa, and just use the Helix for FX and control.

Here is the rig from in front:
Amp%20rig-XL.jpg

I built the board myself out of 1/2" birch plywood. The Helix is mounted using giant zip ties through slots in the board, the rest of the stuff is mounted with velcro.

Last edited:
That Boogie 4x12 cab is Boogie approved! :cool:
Love those old Boogie Colosseum cabs

I love that cabinet as well. The top half is open back, bottom half closed. I bought it new in 1989 or 1990!
What’re the bass pedals for, Rush? :p

While I do enjoy butchering the odd Rush song, I pretty much stick to original music with my band. I use the bass pedals on a few songs to hold a high synth tone to fill out the background.
I was fiddling around with playing the guitar and bass pedal parts to "Squonk" by Genesis the other day. It's harder than it sounds - at least for me.

Back