Finally!!! Sorcerer's Apprentice video

I've mentioned elsewhere on here that I played that guitar, or its twin, down in Annapolis at Garrett Park Guitars ...probably 20 years ago.
The place was on Jennifer Road, at the mall...and I remember the salesman telling me the price...at that time...$40,000,
I think...and I hung it back up rather quickly....but its gorgeous!!!!!!

MAN! At the first PRS Forum event, Paul had a bunch of the early guitars lined up on stands, this being one of them. I stared at it more than any others, and yes, I wanted to play it badly! (Pun? LOL)

I've mentioned elsewhere on here that I played that guitar, or its twin, down in Annapolis at Garrett Park Guitars ...probably 20 years ago.
The place was on Jennifer Road, at the mall...and I remember the salesman telling me the price...at that time...$40,000,
I think...and I hung it back up rather quickly....but its gorgeous!!!!!!

I'm sooooo envious that you got to play that guitar. AWESOME!

I’m gonna be an absolute party pooper and rain on your parade. p90 refers to part 90, which if I remember correctly was a Gibson thing.

The closest thing I can find for p180, is the Gibson Sonex.

(I know, guitar nerd)

I remember them...and lest ye not forget the Hamer triple bucker...on their Prototype model. Total nerdage here, too!!!!!

10 years ago today, I went to see Frankie (may he rest in peace) play in Maryland. The other guitar player had a red Sorcerers Apprentice. Without reservation I say that it is one of the best sounding guitars I've ever heard. The tone was unique and utterly raucous. I give points to its owner. Like Frankie, he was a great player and should be credited with the tone coming from that very special guitar.

If PRS were to faithfully recreate this instrument for a limited run (especially the bridge and painted acrylic pickup covers), I'd happily sleep on the couch for a month to bring one home.

Last edited:
10 years ago today, I went to see Frankie (may he rest in peace) play in Maryland. The other guitar player had a red Sorcerers Apprentice. Without reservation I say that it is one of the best sounding guitars I've ever heard. The tone was unique and utterly raucous. I give points to its player. Like Frankie, he was a great player and should be credited with the tone coming from that very special guitar.

If PRS were to faithfully recreate this instrument for a limited run (especially the bridge and painted acrylic pickup covers), I'd happily sleep on the couch for a month to bring one home.

DITTO ! I'd even go for a year on the couch :D:D:D:D

I’m gonna be an absolute party pooper and rain on your parade. p90 refers to part 90, which if I remember correctly was a Gibson thing.

(I know, guitar nerd)

I remember them...and lest ye not forget the Hamer triple bucker...on their Prototype model. Total nerdage here, too!!!!!
I have to say regarding P90's. One of my favorite guitars I have is my 3-P90 pup PRS Cust22..... Incredible tones. Funny I googled P180 and realized I had on (probably) still do somewhere, I used it on a Harmony Rocket back in the 80's. Now I have to google the triple-bucker... time to nerd out :D

(I know, guitar nerd)

Ah, but what are we, if not guitar nerds? Plenty of non-Gibson P90s in the world, but I do grant that the P90 is a G-thang. This just looked like two of them, so P180 came to mind. Maybe I should have called it the Whole Bar of Soap. Or the Big Dog With No Ears.

No offense taken, and I bring an umbrella to every forum parade. :cool:

Back