FINALLY...NGD. I’m exhausted.

Ok. This was 1 1/2 years in the making. There were obstacles along the way, but the PS team was great in resolving issues. I’m just glad it’s finally home. Also, thanks to Jack Gretz, Paul Miles, and Shawn for their help through the process.

I’ll let the pics speak for themselves:

Part of the trouble was due to the material (gold MOP) chosen for the original block bird inlays seen in the photo below of some guy in the factory giving it final inspection. The MOP cracked due to the radius of the fret board. A decision was made to go with a different inlay pattern at that point. We also decided to satin the neck (I know, I know already! ;-) ).

SWEET BABY JESUS!!!! That is STUNNING!

Congrats, man. I'm so happy for you. That is honestly one of the most beautiful guitars I have ever seen in my life !!!!

When the guitar arrived, it had the original buckeye TRC from the “block birds” version:

However, it was supposed to have the updated gold MOP version, which I just received and changed out:

I think it adds to the continuity and flow of the inlay pattern. Whatchaall think?

I wasn’t going to comment ;), but that TRC put things over the edge for me. :) The guitar looks absolutely stellar! I love the overall look and all the small details you added (like changing out the birds in flight headstock to the outline eagle, which also happens to match the purfling). I mean I almost can’t handle it, but I took a cold shower and feel a little better now. And these buckeye tops look so amazing by themselves...and somehow you managed to elevate it with the fretboard AND the back? I mean, why isn’t a satin gold neck standard on all PRSs?! I’m gonna go take another cold shower...(walks off and mumbles something largely incoherent about gold grain filler...).

I wasn’t going to comment ;), but that TRC put things over the edge for me. :) The guitar looks absolutely stellar! I love the overall look and all the small details you added (like changing out the birds in flight headstock to the outline eagle, which also happens to match the purfling). I mean I almost can’t handle it, but I took a cold shower and feel a little better now. And these buckeye tops look so amazing by themselves...and somehow you managed to elevate it with the fretboard AND the back? I mean, why isn’t a satin gold neck standard on all PRSs?! I’m gonna go take another cold shower...(walks off and mumbles something largely incoherent about gold grain filler...).

Thank you, kind sir. It’s called OCD. During the planning stage, I wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night and scribble notes. At any given time, my wife will catch me in a trance with a bit of drool rolling down the corner of my mouth and have to slap me back to reality (think “Bueller, Bueller, Bueller......”). And while this was finished in natural, and I was spared in this case, don’t even ask me about making color choices.....arg!!!

G.A.S. There is no question, I (and many, many, many, many others) struggle with this infliction. The struggle is real.

Now, back to PSF, Reverb, and creative juices (Bueller, Bueller, Bueller.......)

Last edited:
Thank you, kind sir. It’s called OCD. During the planning stage, I wake up in the middle of the night and scribble notes. At any given time, my wife will catch me in a trance with a bit of drool rolling down the corner of my mouth and have to slap me back to reality (think “Bueller, Bueller, Bueller......”). And while this was finished in natural, and I was spared in this case, don’t even ask me about making color choices.....arg!!!

G.A.S. There is no question, I (and many, many, many, many others) struggle with this infliction. The struggle is real.

Now, back to PSF and Reverb (Bueller, Bueller, Bueller.......)

Well, you knocked it out of the park with this one. And staring blankly into space...I completely understand. To be clear, picking out a sweet top and pairing it with some appropriately nice woods is one thing...but what you’ve done here with all of the small and not-so-small individual custom choices, and then to have them all line up together to create something more incredible than the individual parts...I mean...it’s just...(back to the shower).:)

Back