FINALLY...NGD. I’m exhausted.

Very *VERY* nice build!!!

But am I the only one that thinks the back of the head-stock would've just been put over the top with a black stinger?? :D:cool:

Last edited:
Ok. This was 1 1/2 years in the making. There were obstacles along the way, but the PS team was great in resolving issues. I’m just glad it’s finally home. Also, thanks to Jack Gretz, Paul Miles, and Shawn for their help through the process.

I’ll let the pics speak for themselves:

Part of the trouble was due to the material (gold MOP) chosen for the original block bird inlays seen in the photo below of some guy in the factory giving it final inspection. The MOP cracked due to the radius of the fret board. A decision was made to go with a different inlay pattern at that point. We also decided to satin the neck (I know, I know already! ;-) ).

Truly exceptional! Congrats on a real beauty.... super jelly!

Holy S&$T !!! That is sick! So awesome! I love the gold neck and that fretboard is out of this world! Congrats!!

How does it sound?

It sounds terrific and play effortlessly. I did have to adjust the TR a smidge, and adjust the bridge a frog hair, but now it frets as good as any PRS I own. The pups are 58/15s (not LT), and they have a nice growl. I played it just this morning through my Metallica Headrush setting, and it sounded spot on (better than any guitar I've tried with that setting yet). I'm all :).

Back