FINALLY...NGD. I’m exhausted.

Had to come back for a second look... It’s just too awesome to take in all at once.
Love the switch from light to dark binding (?ebony), including adding it to the headstock...and the addition of the purfling (?paua) to the binding all around...is just pure class. Way to regroup and make it even more incredible than what you initially planned.

WOW! Big congrats!

Looks tremendous and love the changes!

So, you’re the reason we can’t order those negative bird block inlays now? :p:D

WOW! Big congrats!

Looks tremendous and love the changes!

So, you’re the reason we can’t order those negative bird block inlays now? :p:D

I like the block birds, although I’m happier with my new version. You can still get them I believe, but not select shell as a material. It’s too brittle unless completely flat with those thin edges. I’m not the only one to experience the cracking I’m told.

I like the block birds, although I’m happier with my new version. You can still get them I believe, but not select shell as a material. It’s too brittle unless completely flat with those thin edges.
Thanks. I really like those block inlays but for your guitar the updates are better!

By the way, I think you’ll like this comment from PRSh. “Steve, I have this room full of all this incredible maple, and you pick this rotten stuff.”

:p:D:p:D:p:D

Even though he was just messing with me, I was drawn to this piece of buckeye because it was so free of bark inclusions, which is not the norm.

Last edited:
Fantastic guitar! Just out of curiosity, how do you go about getting a personalized custom like that? Do you plunk down lots of money and contact the factory? Or do you fill out a form and book an appointment? How does it work exactly?

Fantastic guitar! Just out of curiosity, how do you go about getting a personalized custom like that? Do you plunk down lots of money and contact the factory? Or do you fill out a form and book an appointment? How does it work exactly?
Your dealer can set you up for a Private Stock. They will lay out options for you, facilitate selection of wood and other options.

I like the block birds, although I’m happier with my new version. You can still get them I believe, but not select shell as a material. It’s too brittle unless completely flat with those thin edges. I’m not the only one to experience the cracking I’m told.
I like the replacement fingerboard a lot.
It looked good while Paul had it though.

While you aren’t required to, I would highly recommend you get with a dealer who will accompany you to the factory. That experience is a great part of the fun and memories. Of course, until we can breathe freely again, that ain’t gonna happen.

Oh, and yes, you plunk down a sh*tload of money. “Plunk”. What a cool word.

Man that's incredible, one day I hope to have something similar. And a blow switch? I had no idea it was that easy :p. Mega congrats, may you love it long time!

Unique in every aspect. It was a new surprise with each picture. Well done!

Weird how they just let a random guy come through and play your guitar. Next thing you know, he’ll grab a marker and start writing on it!

BTW, if you're running low on space, I can store that old Dragon of yours for you!

Back