FINALLY...NGD. I’m exhausted.

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
Ok. This was 1 1/2 years in the making. There were obstacles along the way, but the PS team was great in resolving issues. I’m just glad it’s finally home. Also, thanks to Jack Gretz, Paul Miles, and Shawn for their help through the process.

I’ll let the pics speak for themselves:

Part of the trouble was due to the material (gold MOP) chosen for the original block bird inlays seen in the photo below of some guy in the factory giving it final inspection. The MOP cracked due to the radius of the fret board. A decision was made to go with a different inlay pattern at that point. We also decided to satin the neck (I know, I know already! ;-) ).

Last edited:
You have some really interesting details on this one.
The fingerboard looks fabulous.
I really like what you did on the headstock.
Nothing like a bit of imagination going into the build.

The changeable fingerboard is a bit over the top.

Very nice, that's quite a build.
So, how does it play/sound ? ;-)

I'm slowly but surely warming up to these natural burl tops after seeing guitar like this one.
Mine now due in September has a similarly crazy fingerboard and headstock inlay, though with more traditional materials (ebony/maple fingerboard)...

Last edited:
Wow, never have seen anything like it! Satin neck? What!?!

what does the mini toggle do?

Wow Steve!!!
Spectacular build as always.
Congrats and enjoy.

Wild! I actually like the updated fretboard inlay more than the blocks! I think it really ties in with the headstock well!

Stunning guitar!!

Gotta say, PfennRock this one is quite spectacular.

Part of the trouble was due to the material (gold MOP) chosen for the original block bird inlays seen in the photo below of some guy in the factory giving it final inspection. The MOP cracked due to the radius of the fret board. A decision was made to go with a different inlay pattern at that point. We also decided to satin the neck (I know, I know already! ;-) ).

This was the universe telling you the birds inside the blocks looked awful.

Back