Finally ... I completed my pedalboard

Charcoal24

Funny...I'm a blues player, but every once in a while I like playing with toys.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9smb09dkwg7rji/IMG_2604.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/azk4ptuhtsxbfxh/IMG_2943.jpg?dl=0

My "stay at home rig"

Dusky Electronics - Octa-Fuzz - don't use the fuzz (Nasty Sounding .... use octave with Dirty Shirley)
Analog Man - Envelope Filter ... If I get Lazy and don't want to use wah
MXR - Script Phaser - every once in a while you have to Van Halen! ...lol
Snark - Floor Tuner - If you can'y see the letters you have to be blind.....biggest display

Underneath the pedal-board - Truetone - Buffer (see 2nd pic) ... helps to keep your tone in tact.

JHS - 3 Series Delay - Great delay for the money...recently replaced my DD3
MXR - Bucket Brigade Chorus
Freidman - Dirty Shirley Overdrive/Distortion
Seymour Duncan 805 - Overdrive

Dunlop - Craybaby 535Q

Isolated Power - Voodoo Labs
Pedal Board _ Accel Audio

KKY2_lGfvHagSnjFoGkXo0ouCkzYzrZzgwvMPy3UYlaijmdLNgJbFmmMndacHI7iXKoEBxxnssaAgN3ycbKw2q7eY0kqOoM1HG1bALnh7j_JdUqaZmgaKEwS1Yvevnq-Pq499Gmj8VvxhYDHCJyraCzrlrA1cS-k2Kh_4sZVWxu5kPSmA5zhLLUo0tgSzh25nsrrLanFnBL51Xyu76OF1HXj71nHvqPYSnKgskxH-Ej0b8hZl2rLOC78RvWInUbH2woYE8zrwr0FZAfYF4bPj2QMQczi557aZ5nB0EwYctBDAUaaw357dQa1IEEWbcwvTd0dTIj4BMgUHnb7hZjPjBm5J518Z6Fd2hpl6ycLB29hOwY0sVMNjuiP85p9SUZy3_xqRJL_GHcO9ifw9c3AWa6I-C4a2MBUrE6lM2JstiZUMDlX89kGmJPL1EzZIFuUDw04J8Lks8DFDSi-ylqAahZlJsOIVT1OjrM1hL1Oj7ZnvcvK5rwKIR1-VAFPjq4RGzshjw45y25SvknMjALZa9_9KxiM1v-ALk2pstvDLnhIciAvDgQRo8pq3wvn1PbKlqgrm11npQsLWjaK5RawRGIRfzsjKJOexQ8x5nfnAdYjclSfIBPaj_7KlXEGzAVZfvsoFgYVAeNEfBBHZcwYMfME29BbrmMOe9nx3KydlcUFJNDF9uh5hx73PiPyPKnlLtn3BcUiPREBg7mR8REJbkoB=w1235-h855-no

7V09e_HGh8qdcXJTDnPPuKnlDUhR1lhTdZxATlXnCcj9zwHcSRpicDiFjote8jspps1zrt-QyFXiz8hQ8FjaVwOr7ikEDeZUa2uSGYzF4cGJLXUwTtdhjbBwUZwl838miMNoWxS64SS2foOhEUQqKNPqpd1zLO4qXM6_m-8TlMFiIstRvTjvK2vCVcVsLNa9Dw2aAsXgwEJL9hYdbolJdWILf6jwwdQo5cN79ALTrxpSVqQPPQ6P5WT3SbF8B1zieBUpGw3jBiGRx9pe5YO73PgDOX6PbR501h29nsbx31GqPeZbp4KL38iWh27kptUPWJpUDEYLjT5nMKR6XNKVE33HNJlF7MLLaXtyBaa4YC5c7Nuuyjlc_BHI2xvNoufhCQMdobxTpH1xAor6oohSrChCupTBxXObJUD3aV8dEflY5uqad39VAlJSWRfsubpRrL8vhuOoYfAjApI3DjWCdU18gsNYUmn7-tb5yFxOo8wKi7iOe5H68wVNGripDPWYXtrjOUoLVCCp_KFAX6z4UOIBC6QB2SfHW4UWD20EHnYjd7lZrVUoiyIuaIfdycG0d_ADb4EdUZy5BB6onkn6VrOisjNpk5XCzApfqDwNnBq_E2le4QbqbZ08pLV4pUvubTRbMc31-H1hvye9phha4ueYBHddQicoSSEn4lv7rZ2za9_1thgECWg1S67pdXk8HUESoPBl892_JlNVBqfMMe18=w830-h855-no

Last edited:
Images aren't showing, and right-clicking Open Image In New Tab just goes to a Google sign in page.

I can't see the pictures but I like your thinking with octafuzz. I also use clean octave with fuzz all the way down into overdrive channel of my Boogie. Different octafuzz tho, I'm using Kingtone Octaland Mini. Vintage character with such a great tracking.

I'm looking forward to see the pictures, bud

There’s always a cable that needs tidying!:p

Sorry Les, a cheap shot I know, but I judge you by my own level of OCD!;)

No worries! Not in the least bit offended.

For me, moving or changing a pedal also means having to order new custom length soldered cables with traditional plugs, because I find they last forever. The solderless kind were great for a short time, and then would crap out at inopportune moments. Like when clients were over!

There are newer systems on the market than the one I used for years, but by the time these came out I'd made myself happy with soldered, traditional plugs and haven't had a single failure in the past who-knows-how-many years.

So for me it's not so much cable tidying as cable ordering and installing.

I always order a certain type of plug in s certain finish. They screwed up my most recent order, and sent the right cable, right plugs, wrong finish, so now everything doesn't 100% match. Anyone got a violin to play a sad melody?

In former times, this would have driven me mad, so I'd have returned them and had the company send me the right finish. This time, I decided to live with it and not bother the good folks who make my cables up, have to wait for the shipping round-trip, etc. I just got on with it and made the changes.

My wife said, "Who are you? Where did Les go?", when I told her about it.

Thus my board is no longer 100% OCD-approved. I've been booted out of OCD Village and made to live amongst the sane people! :(

On the other hand, weeks later I noticed that the world did not end. Go figure!

Last edited:
No worries! Not in the least bit offended.

For me, moving or changing a pedal also means having to order new custom length soldered cables with traditional plugs, because I find they last forever. The solderless kind were great for a short time, and then would crap out at inopportune moments. Like when clients were over!

There are newer systems on the market than the one I used for years, but by the time these came out I'd made myself happy with soldered, traditional plugs and haven't had a single failure in the past who-knows-how-many years.

So for me it's not so much cable tidying as cable ordering and installing.

I always order a certain type of plug in s certain finish. They screwed up my most recent order, and sent the right cable, right plugs, wrong finish, so now everything doesn't 100% match. In former times, this would have driven me mad, so I'd have had the company send me the right finish. This time, I decided to live with it and not bother the good folks who make my cables up, have to wait for the shipping round-trip, etc. I just got on with it and made the changes.

My wife said, "Who are you? Where did Les go?"

Thus my board is no longer 100% OCD-approved. I've been booted out of OCD Village and made to live amongst the sane people! :(

On the other hand, weeks later I noticed that the world did not end. Go figure!

Hey you’re the guy that encouraged me not to paint my homemade board a daft colour and for that I am forever grateful :D

Back