Finally got to try a SS.....

Methinks it's the perfect strat style guitar to change minds. But I'm biased and already assimilated.:p

I once had a really nice Tom Anderson Droptop that was kind of a Strat and kind of not a Strat, that I actually liked quite a bit.

Even if I didn’t like the SS, I know my son would, so it wouldn’t go to waste, even if it wasn’t my thing.

I've had a chance to play multiple examples of the SS in shops and each has been a good guitar. I haven't liked one enough to buy yet but I could see that changing at any point. A maple board could do it. The pickups are impressive which doesn't surprise me seeing as I'm quite familiar with one of the guitars they were based on.

I've had a chance to play multiple examples of the SS in shops and each has been a good guitar. I haven't liked one enough to buy yet but I could see that changing at any point. A maple board could do it. The pickups are impressive which doesn't surprise me seeing as I'm quite familiar with one of the guitars they were based on.

Yup, if/when a maple board happens, It will most probably earn me yet another "marrige award" (aka an ugly divorce). Meh..three or more of anything is considered a "collection". But hey! At least I got that goin for me...;)

Shaun suggested I try one. I did. He didn't say anything about plugging it in ;)

Whatever you do don't plug it into a Twin....it sounds awful....;)

Disclaimer....that statement was a complete and utter "un-truth".:D

I definitely want to spend some more time with one. Like some of you, a flame maple neck option might cause me to go postal.

Have ya seen @dmatthews SS neck??? If you haven't..it's probably a good thing, because it's rediculous! I bet if ya promise not to go postal... he'll show ya...just brace yourself man!

Back