Finally got myself a studio setup!

singularity6

My wife got me some key elements for a combination of my birthday, our anniversary and xmas. Combined with what I have pieced together, I'll list what I've got.

Hardware:
  • Axe I/O Solo
  • Nektar Impact LX49
  • Audio Technica M50X headphones
  • Edifier 1280T monitors (I might exchange them for the 1700T for broader frequency response and higher headroom)
Software:
  • Cakewalk
  • AmpliTube 4 Deluxe + the "Metal" expansion
Thus far, I've been able to figure out how to get various midi instrument tracks, use the sequencer to program drums and other sounds and get my guitar into Cakewalk along with assigning AmpliTube amp settings. The learning curve has been fairly steep... so It'll be a while before I actually produce a song. But it's fun!

Congrats and happy birthday, anniversary, and holidays! It is a lot of fun, and being able to create and record it just seems to validate having gear that much more. Look forward to hearing what you lay down!

A combination of things got in the way - my primary laptop didn't have many USB inputs, and raising a kid during a pandemic without family support (we live far away from any family) while my wife and I are working full time has kept me busy.

However, I recently got my hand on a decent desktop computer and everything is set up. Cakewalk seems to be working out fairly well, and I really like the AXE I/O. The software it comes with is insanely great (some how, AmpliTube 4 was upgraded to AmpliTube 5, and it smokes!)

It'll still be a while before I make anything worth sharing, but I can see it happening!

A combination of things got in the way - my primary laptop didn't have many USB inputs, and raising a kid during a pandemic without family support (we live far away from any family) while my wife and I are working full time has kept me busy.

However, I recently got my hand on a decent desktop computer and everything is set up. Cakewalk seems to be working out fairly well, and I really like the AXE I/O. The software it comes with is insanely great (some how, AmpliTube 4 was upgraded to AmpliTube 5, and it smokes!)

It'll still be a while before I make anything worth sharing, but I can see it happening!

You'll be recording like a pro in no time! Can 't wait to hear what you do with your new gear.

Back