Finally got another job

Great news, congratulations!

Please make some time for more guitar shenanigans! Please.
Now that I’m earning again I can start saving for another rebuild patient.

Week summary:
Day 1, boss ordered pizzas and made margaritas and we all went to a bar later.
Day 2, boss made Moscow mules and G&T’s, bought us all sushi for lunch.
Day 3, boss grilled burgers on the roof deck and got beers for everyone.
Day 4, actual work
Day 5, more Moscow mules at 3pm, and everyone’s going to a Rockies game, though today is my anniversary so I declined a ticket.

Not a bad start.

Week summary:
Day 4, actual work
Day 5, more Moscow mules at 3pm, and everyone’s going to a Rockies game, though today is my anniversary so I declined a ticket.

Not a bad start.

I’d call that a great start!

Week summary:
Day 4, actual work

Not a bad start.
Congratulations on your new job and anniversary! Seems to me things come in threes. I’m looking forward to hearing the next awesome experience that happens for you. We have to experience bad at times to appreciate the good!

It’s a career shift The company seems like a fun group, day one ended with with the boss making margaritas and day two ended with Moscow mules. Anyways, back to work!
WINNING!!!
Congrats on the new gig my man...sounds very C.S.I. :cool: I mean unless it's like "Plaintiff #2" (the ex-wife). She was a Forensic Accountant. Yeah, she sucked...and not in a good way;)

WINNING!!!
Congrats on the new gig my man...sounds very C.S.I. :cool: I mean unless it's like "Plaintiff #2" (the ex-wife). She was a Forensic Accountant. Yeah, she sucked...and not in a good way;)
It is very CSI, but not in the “enhance that photo, enhance, enhance, enhance, there’s the criminal!” false science sort of way. But yea, cyber crime, authentication, e-discovery, and my expertise is audio so lots of evidence restoration and establishing timelines. Cool stuff!

It is very CSI, but not in the “enhance that photo, enhance, enhance, enhance, there’s the criminal!” false science sort of way. But yea, cyber crime, authentication, e-discovery, and my expertise is audio so lots of evidence restoration and establishing timelines. Cool stuff!
Sounds like a great job, and a hella cool place to work. And, happy anniversary

This thread got me thinking about career changes. I've been kicking around the idea of switching gears and maybe getting into a skilled trade like HVAC repair. It seems like a stable field with good earning potential, but I'm not sure where to start. Have any of you here made a career change into the trades? What was your experience like? Were there any resources that you found particularly helpful, like https://www.onlytradeschools.com/hvac/

Any advice for someone who's a complete beginner but eager to learn? Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom!

Last edited:
This thread got me thinking about career changes. I've been kicking around the idea of switching gears and maybe getting into a skilled trade like HVAC repair. It seems like a stable field with good earning potential, but I'm not sure where to start. Have any of you here made a career change into the trades? What was your experience like?
School, start looking for training in your area go talk with them about how long, how much, potential after gaining your cert (s). Then well school-job-build wealth-private stock! Good luck.

Back