Finally eyeballing a 594 and about to pull the trigger....

I was unsure about the LTs, but I have them in a CU22WL. It's not my normal sound, but I dig it for when I want to run the amp hotter than normal. The lower output pups tend to balance that higher gain in a cool way.
This has been my experience when switching between my DC594 with the LTs and my other guitars with 57/08s or 59/09s. The clarity really works well, especially the split sounds. I love the neck pickup, though I still give a slight edge to the 53/10 neck since it is a bit warmer sounding.

I have 3. I love, love, love, playing them. The amusing thing is that I’ve HATED every Les Paul I’ve ever picked up. Not quite as much as the level of hate for every SG I’ve ever played, but still...
So I was kind of surprised how much I loved the 594 when I first played one. As for the LTs, LOVE them on the 594. Could never get happy with them on the HBII, which I ultimately traded in for the middle guitar below
dkddBCZ.jpg

lUjGit9.jpg

GUAJIrA.jpg

On the pickups, I like the LTs on the DC594, but not in a SC594. Tried the regular 58/15s, but really didn’t like them at all - the only ones of the 5x/xx series I don’t like. 57/08 or 59/09s work better for my not so great ears.

I love the 57/08s. Awesome pickups. But since I’m a cheap date, I also like the LTs.

I have 3. I love, love, love, playing them. The amusing thing is that I’ve HATED every Les Paul I’ve ever picked up. Not quite as much as the level of hate for every SG I’ve ever played, but still...
So I was kind of surprised how much I loved the 594 when I first played one. As for the LTs, LOVE them on the 594. Could never get happy with them on the HBII, which I ultimately traded in for the middle guitar below
dkddBCZ.jpg

lUjGit9.jpg

GUAJIrA.jpg

Your first SH has a naughty top E string that doesn’t want to sit in the bridge slot!

I love the 58/15 LT's in my Hollowbody ii. Obviously I love them in the 594 as well but I really do think the Low Turn Pick-ups are perfectly suited to a Hollowbody. I have yet to hear a bad demo, anything that may cause some concern or put some doubt in my mind with ANY guitar that has the 58/15 LT's in them.

I have owned my 594 the longest of any of my PRS guitars and my most recent acquisition was my Hollowbody 2 and despite owning both of these, both with 58/15 LT's, I am GASsing hard for the recently announced 594 Hollowbody. The demo's of that, including numerous video's off NAMM where Bryan Ewald was playing next to high gain amps, and the sound is just beautiful. As I said, I have a 594 and a HBii so arguably, a 594 HB isn't really adding a 'lot' to my tonal palette - just the Split coil HB tones. That's 'useful' I guess, but I prefer to use Humbuckers probably 90% of the time and don't really miss the option to split the coils on my HBii. Obviously the Scale length and that glorious Pattern Vintage neck are also appealing so the marrying the HBii with the 594 is a match made in heaven...

Point is, I have absolutely no problem with buying another guitar with 58/15 LT's that I could make do with other guitars I already own. That may not be a 'big deal' for some people - those with 3 or more guitars from the same model and specs in their collection - some people have more of 1 model than I have guitars. For me though, a 'bedroom' hobbyist, someone who isn't gigging, isn't making videos for youtube, isn't recording for a public audience, owning 2 or more guitars that are that similar is difficult to justify, let alone a guitar as expensive as a Core PRS. A HB 594 would be pure indulgence as opposed to a 'need' to expand my tonal palette. That's how much I love the 58/15 LT's and think they are great in solid, semi-hollow and hollow guitars.

I admit that the 594 HB is more likely to be PRS number 6 for me as I want a Special 22 Semi Hollow as well and pushed that to the top of my want list because it adds more options, more tonal variation to what I already have and so its a bit easier to Justify. Never the less, the 58/15 LT's and the 594 in particular are simply sublime and wonderful instruments.

Fixed.

There’s no rationalizing a good time. :)

LMAO - definitely fun but because the Special 22 offers me a bigger range of tonal options, I can justify it a bit more. That doesn't mean that if Circumstances and funds align, I would certainly add a 594 HB to my collection. As I don't play in a band, only play solo at home, its not necessarily easy to justify more than 1 guitar, let alone a PRS at the prices they are. Owning 4 is probably an extravagance regardless of the various differences between them so adding a 5th, let alone a 6th isn't necessarily the easiest or best use of my finances.

Even 'fun' isn't a bog reason because I can have Fun with all my guitars and both the 594 and Hollowbody ii are similar enough that a HB 594 doesn't really add 'much' other than the weight savings - not that I stand up and play...

Its the quality and addictiveness of PRS guitars that makes adding more much easier. If it was another brand, it maybe a bit more difficult as I could probably find reasons not to buy - some very minor fit & finish (like some bleed into the binding for example), feeling that there maybe a 'better' one somewhere etc. I won't lie but if my 594 wasn't such a great and stable instrument, I may not of gone on to buy my other 3, maybe even traded it in for a Gibson LP because that's iconic and a lot of my heroes played a Gibson. I may even of been put off from buying the guitar I had dreamed of owning since I saw my first PRS in the late 80's. The 594, whilst very versatile compared to a standard (maybe not quite as much as the Gibson LP 2018 standard which offers the option of changing the phase in the middle position, led me to wanting to expand my tonal Palette - hence the 509 came next (my compromise as I don't like tele's or strats), before getting my Cu24. The HBii is just a stunning instrument and I was looking for a Piezo as that also offered me something that none of my others could offer.

Anyway, that's a bit off topic and to bring it back, the PRS 594 is a remarkable instrument. Its no wonder that John Mayer was so impressed and I know quite a few Gibson Les Paul fans have bought one and ended up barely touching their Les Pauls because its a 'better' instrument (I refer more to the 'tangible' differences like the tuners, the brass saddles etc - tonally better is subjective). If this, along with my 'story' and other comments in this thread isn't enough to convince people to try one, I don't know what more I can say...

Back